Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2017 11:01:57 AM EDT
Does anyone stock 2 position buffer tubes?

Also, for the barrel does anyone online sell 14.5" M4 barrels with an A2 pinned or is the best bet to just buy a colt barrel and take it to a local gunsmith?
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about the 2 pos stock.  I do see 4 pos sometimes.  I think brownells had genuine colt 4 pos......  

A lot of us have used ADCO Firearms for barrel work.  They do good work.  https://adcofirearms.com/

Sounds like an exciting build!
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Nodak Spud from the receiver extension.  Windham Weaponry for the 14.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nodak Spud from the receiver extension.  Windham Weaponry for the 14.5" barrel.
View Quote
This^^^

Nodak Spud is the only place I know to buy a mil-spec 2-position receiver extension. I have bought several from them over the years. Here is a link to the Windham Weaponry 14.5" barrel with a pinned and welded extended A2 FH.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have your barrle cut down. You can use a standard A2 FH. Not the extended.
It's just more pleasing to the eye in my opinion.  
But  yes it may tack on another $100ish bucks to your build.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you have your barrle cut down. You can use a standard A2 FH. Not the extended.
It's just more pleasing to the eye in my opinion.  
But  yes it may tack on another $100ish bucks to your build.
View Quote
A 16" barrel cut down will not have the correct profile. Note the difference between a 16" and a 14.5".

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#6]
If they can cut and thread a barrel I'm sure they can turn down the end to the proper diameter.  Barrel would need to be refinished though so the costs do add up quickly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 1:59:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I was thinking about buying this and have a washer put on before pinning a standard A2 birdcage

Colt 14.5"
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was thinking about buying this and have a washer put on before pinning a standard A2 birdcage

Colt 14.5"
View Quote
I bought Green Mountain    GM Barrel

Then sent to John Thomas for pin FSB, custom spacer, and pin/weld A2 birdcage.  

Retro Arm Works
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 5:42:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If they can cut and thread a barrel I'm sure they can turn down the end to the proper diameter.  Barrel would need to be refinished though so the costs do add up quickly.
View Quote
Most of the time that will involve taking of the FSB as well.

Long story short, cheaper to just buy a 14.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:21:39 AM EDT
[#10]
The bayonet will not be properly secured if you do that, as the mount ring will drop down to the barrel.
Yes, I have a couple of bayonets  (An M7 and a OKC-3S).  
An extended A2 is the better option of the two, but I put my 727 clone upper on a factory Colt 6933, so I don't worry about pinning, welding or any of that mess.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Ive been real happy with a factory colt m4 barrel and an extended A2 flash hider.

Looks very close, just pin+weld.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I just finished up a 727 build, all I have left to do is take the old MD off and put the extended A2 on it and pin it, then mine will be done.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top