Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 2:48:59 AM EDT
Can someone help me remedy a problem I have? The Stock Spacer in my A2, rattles like hell, and it's loud as hell. How can I cut this down?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:41:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I put a rubber O ring in mine, and torqued it down.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put a rubber O ring in mine, and torqued it down.
View Quote
I had to do this with a Windham Weaponry A2 stock kit last year.

OP, who made your stock and buffer tube?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I had to do this with a Windham Weaponry A2 stock kit last year.

OP, who made your stock and buffer tube?
View Quote
I'm pretty sure it's a Brownells Buffer Tube with a Colt Stock. Do you know what size/ type of O-ring I need to use?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure it's a Brownells Buffer Tube with a Colt Stock. Do you know what size/ type of O-ring I need to use?
View Quote
Sorry, I can't remember the size. I have an O-ring assortment kit and I just picked the one that fit best.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you sure it's the stock spacer, and not the weights inside the buffer that you're hearing? Try removing the lower from the upper & then the spring & buffer from the lower & see if the lower still makes the rattling noise...
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top