Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2017 10:46:36 AM EDT
All,

Finally got all my Colt HBAR pieces together to clone a HBAR Delta Elite but my lower is a small pin, black anodized Colt lower, where my upper is a Colt (CM forge code) earlier Colt Gray color, large front pivot pin upper. I have an insert for the large pin hole, but the two tone upper lower color combo just isn't jibing with me. I really don't want to paint over the Colt Gray to force match colors, I have another black A2 upper that is a non Colt that I really don't want to use, so if anyone here in the A2 forum needs a Colt Sporter II A2 style Colt gray upper, that has a Black Colt A2 (CMB forge code) and is willing to work a trade let me know. I have an eye out on G/B auctions but my wife is about to scalp me with all my recent purchases so I am trying to keep costs down hence my trying to trade if possible.

Cheers,

Steve

(I'd put a want to trade out in the EE but my want to trade ads always seems to get overlooked and lost with all the other things posted on there).
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking you could find someone to do it, but if I was you, I'd shoot it, and embrace it.    You might find you like the way it shoots and just overlook the color difference.  I can understand the feeling though.  

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I will admit that particular two toned beast is sexy.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I hardly notice my color variation anymore.

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll post pic's up later and I guess I can go with a HIVE opinion vote.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#5]
That is why whenever I start any A2 project, I just buy a complete Colt rifle and modify it.

Can find a complete Colt A2 rifle for as cheap as $700.

Cry once, or cry twice.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I kind of like it when the upper and lower don't have matching anodizing.

My only 100% factory AR is a 16" M4 profile A2 carbine.

The anodizing on that upper is quite flat almost chaulky like appearance.

The lower is lighter shade and it has a slight shine to it. I think it looks really cool.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Who is crying? Everyone has their own personal preferences, I have been building and cloning AR15's since the 90's, and sometimes putting together Johnny Cash style AR15's from parts boxes is more rewarding than being some guy who buys stuff off the rack. The more I look at this particular rifle the easier it is to get past the two tone colors. Since I am not a noob to this game, I know that at some point I'll eventually fall into another Colt gray lower and another Colt black upper, it has been that way for years. Patience is a virtue.

For the time being I'll just sandblast and repark the barrel, put on my Colt stock cheek riser, carry handle mount & scope, and sight her in at the farm.

Link Posted: 5/19/2017 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:15:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who is crying? Everyone has their own personal preferences, I have been building and cloning AR15's since the 90's, and sometimes putting together Johnny Cash style AR15's from parts boxes is more rewarding than being some guy who buys stuff off the rack. The more I look at this particular rifle the easier it is to get past the two tone colors. Since I am not a noob to this game, I know that at some point I'll eventually fall into another Colt gray lower and another Colt black upper, it has been that way for years. Patience is a virtue.

For the time being I'll just sandblast and repark the barrel, put on my Colt stock cheek riser, carry handle mount & scope, and sight her in at the farm.

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/stephen_white2/28c05fc0-5c76-49bf-92cb-81e91a049592_zpseweyuclj.jpg

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y316/stephen_white2/8062a69a-a727-4755-8fab-962eb9f726a6_zps7ylmebre.jpg
View Quote
Dude, that thing is awesome.  Looking forward to a range report!!!  I keep going back and forth in my mind if I want to shoot my match ammo through mine with or without glass.  I'm leaning towards irons only for the math ammo I currently have.  But I've shot my 20" A2 with glass on it in the past and it is fun.  It gets a little wonky prone though because the eye relief on the scope (will depend on scope I guess).  But upright at a bench worked a lot better with my leupy glass.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top