Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2017 3:59:36 PM EDT
Gents,

I have acquired a cool upper receiver and need some ideas on how to build it up.  The upper is a "C MB" A2 with a "4" stamped above the gas tube.  Feed ramps are cut, not sure if they are M4 ramps or 727 ramps.  

I'm considering throwing a M4 SOCOM barrel on it, or perhaps configuring as an SBR.  I have a stand alone 6933, and an extra SBR'ed Colt M4 lower.  Was thinking of getting a 6945 upper for the SBR, and doing a 14.5 w/permanent flash suppressor on this one.

So basically, should I go for the 727 type (and some other SBR) or go for an A2 Commando?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a tough one.  

I'm kind of meh about SBR's.  You pretty much need a can for them to be what they were intended to be.  And do you really need a can?  It's just more money and stuff to deal with.  Although if you already have one.....  

I think that would be my advice.  If you already have a can, I say go for an SBR.  If not, do a 727.  You get more range, less flash and blast, more velocity, and one of the coolest AR's ever.  

You can't really go wrong with any of them though.  LOL.  

Does anybody make 20" barrels with M4 cuts?  I personally am in love with the longer sight radius that carbines sort of irritate me.  Unless it has an optic.  Or just for short range.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top