Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2017 2:17:26 PM EDT
It's not a GREAT movie, but it's not horrible.  And the main character carries and A2 20"er.  And there are a few good fight scenes with it.  

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched that last night.
I agree. Not great but not horrible.  
Oh and F-ing Netflix got rid of Blackhawk Down a few months ago. WTF?
Meanwhile there is a dozen Steven Segul movies on there. SMFH
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Sand Castle=FAIL
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a day off today and made the mistake of watching Wild Card with Jason Statham. Dumb as fuck. I wondered about this one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I watched that last night.
I agree. Not great but not horrible.  
Oh and F-ing Netflix got rid of Blackhawk Down a few months ago. WTF?
Meanwhile there is a dozen Steven Segul movies on there. SMFH
View Quote
They rotate movies, it'll be back
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I got to the point where some fuckhead talks about joining for college money, right before he slams his hand in a vehicle door

Then I decided to do something else more interesting, like pick my nose
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got to the point where some fuckhead talks about joining for college money, right before he slams his hand in a vehicle door

Then I decided to do something else more interesting, like pick my nose
View Quote
Hahahah yes I've got to agree. That may have not been the best way to start off this movie.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
He sort of kind of comes around in the end.   But whatever....  There's only so many decent war movies and I usually try them.  Although sometimes I start watching one and just turn it off.....  There's a lot of bad ones out there.  This one didn't make me cringe as much as some others.  

One I did like a LOT that people might not agree is "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" (on Amazon Prime).  I watched it about a month ago.  I thought that one was sweet.  The fight scenes were pretty good and there was some good, real helicopter action.  I can't remember if there were any A2's in that one.  I think A4's and M4's.  And for some reason, I have no clue why, I find Tina Fey attractive.  Don't tell anyone I said so though.  LOL.

They got rid of BHD????  DANG!!!  I was thinking about watching it again.  I think I have it on DVD though.  I usually fall asleep when watching it because I've seen it too many times.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I also enjoyed it.  And it took me a while to realize that that was Superman playing the Green Beret.

Looking forward to War Machine.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#9]
What?  That was superman?  I haven't seen any Superman's in the last 20 years.  LOL.  

War Machine?  I'll have to look that one up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Watched it last night. Never going to make the War Movie Hall of Fame but, its not a bad movie. Lots of A2 goodness. I really like the part where there wasnt enough rifle plates to go around. Supply always seems to be playing catch up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#11]
i got to the point where you first meet the sergeant major and lost it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is he the one with the long hair and a mustache that would not pass morning muster ?
Because that's what bothered me the most in the whole movie.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys gotta watch Whiskey Tango Foxtrot for me and critique it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He sort of kind of comes around in the end.   But whatever....  There's only so many decent war movies and I usually try them.  Although sometimes I start watching one and just turn it off.....  There's a lot of bad ones out there.  This one didn't make me cringe as much as some others.  

One I did like a LOT that people might not agree is "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" (on Amazon Prime).  I watched it about a month ago.  I thought that one was sweet.  The fight scenes were pretty good and there was some good, real helicopter action.  I can't remember if there were any A2's in that one.  I think A4's and M4's.  And for some reason, I have no clue why, I find Tina Fey attractive.  Don't tell anyone I said so though.  LOL.

They got rid of BHD????  DANG!!!  I was thinking about watching it again.  I think I have it on DVD though.  I usually fall asleep when watching it because I've seen it too many times.
View Quote
General Hollanek: "Jesus, you have got to be shitting me. You just shot a Javelin... at a fucking car. That's an eighty thousand dollar piece of ordnance. Can any of you geniuses tell be the Kelly Blue Book value of an 1989 Toyota pickup?"
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:32:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You guys gotta watch Whiskey Tango Foxtrot for me and critique it.
View Quote
It's a decent movie, but there's nothing particularly notable about it.  It's formulaic in many respects (fish out of water). It's presented as a comedy, but the humor is dry/wry and understated and not as the trailer would lead you to believe.   If you're looking for war action and gun pr0n, there isn't a lot.
It's free on Amazon Prime.  It entertained me.  It helps that I like Tina Fey and dry humor.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that she can act and that the movie does not devolve into a pity party.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is he the one with the long hair and a mustache that would not pass morning muster ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This. Who the fuck was that guy? Stupid character. Movie wasn't too bad.....
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#17]
The Sand Pebbles is superior.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Watch severe clear if you want to see an Iraq movie with A2's. 
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you!  I did watch that one.  But now I don't really remember exactly what that one was about.  I think that might have been a documentary.  Is that the one where they guy starts off talking about how life is Chaos......  ????  

There was that other one of the marines....  Generation Kill...  I think the LT carried an A2 in that one.  Or maybe it was an A4.  It's been a while.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top