Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2017 12:42:21 PM EDT
I normally hang out in the retro area, but have been known to venture into other forums. Been assembling this A2 for a while as parts became available. Still have some work to do, but the major work is done.

Upper is a Colt barrel/charging handle and BCG mounted on a FK receiver with a notched big head FA. Still need to get a new barrel nut (this one has some bent teeth) and the proper peel washer.

Lower is a 80% with personal markings, Colt A2 grip and a Bushmaster stock assembly. Deciding on a trigger group - might use my new La Rue or use one of the spare surplus ones in the parts box.

Ignore my targets -  remnants of a desert trip and we kept moving them and doing snap drills.

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks muskety.

Edit;

I dig it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice man. 
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Smokin hot in an A2 kind of way.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice work swift. Maybe I've missed you but I haven't seen you in retro land for a while!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice work swift. Maybe I've missed you but I haven't seen you in retro land for a while!
View Quote
Been lurking and not posting. Been working on picking up some grail pistols before Ca goes completely to shit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks muskety.

Edit;

I dig it.
View Quote

Something seems not quite right ..........
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Finished it today. Installed the proper peel washer, replaced the buggered up barrel nut and installed a trigger group. Trying to arrange some range time soon.

Link Posted: 5/4/2017 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh that's nice.  

It's screaming for some character though.  LOL.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oh that's nice.  

It's screaming for some character though.  LOL.
View Quote
Thanks. Character is hard to establish out here in the wasteland...err California when we are only allowed 10 rounds at a time. I will do my best, but no artificial character building such as tossing it down my driveway or dropping it while in the desert

Honestly it will most likely go to live out of state with my other super duper, semi auto, dangerous, magazine fed, flash hider equipped, pistol gripped rifles and carbines. Much less hassle to drive 5 hours to visit them, then it is to go to a local 25 yard indoor range while following all the CA laws and range restrictions.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks high speed low drag to me man nice work
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks. Character is hard to establish out here in the wasteland...err California when we are only allowed 10 rounds at a time. I will do my best, but no artificial character building such as tossing it down my driveway or dropping it while in the desert

Honestly it will most likely go to live out of state with my other super duper, semi auto, dangerous, magazine fed, flash hider equipped, pistol gripped rifles and carbines. Much less hassle to drive 5 hours to visit them, then it is to go to a local 25 yard indoor range while following all the CA laws and range restrictions.
View Quote
Yeah, I hear ya.  I don't know what I'm saying.  Mine don't see hard use either.  For me hard use is when they tip over every once in a while from me setting up against something.   Oooops.  My A2 has been hunting with me though.  And if I ever deer hunt again, I think I'd like to use it again.   I would love to get a deer with it.  

I do forsee some matches at my range in the future, I hope.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top