BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2017 12:50:07 PM EDT
The upper is gray and lighter than the current 6920 lower
It will have a Colt BCG and Charge handle
What would that be called? A mixmaster ? An abomination?

I can't hang onto any Colt Flattop uppers it seems and this is what I come up with the parts I have

The barrel just got dropped off by the mail
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a similar build. F/K upper/ SOCOM 14.5". I call it "cherry picking". That Godawful RRA trigger guard is gone.Hated it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Right now the A2 upper has a DD 16" Mid pencil barrel
The lower is a Spikes blem. The A2 is the only upper it fit tight on
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats crazy, as I am putting one together this weekend with a Colt A2 upper and Spikes lower.
Funny how similarities pop up.

My lower is not a blem, but neither was the price tag.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 6:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Here is the one I did on the bottom-

In order to hid the non matching colors, I had my local Mom and Pop gunsmith cerakote it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 12:31:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Frick you guys! I swore off the A2 upper M4 barrel combo several years ago, and sold off a Colt 4 marked A2 upper with NON F fsb barrel to morg308 ( now resides with Augee) because what use are A2 sights on a carbine... A1 s are just fine...

Now I am almost done with Two A2 upper builds...

Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#6]
This is what my next build is going to be.  I have an in the white A2 upper with an 80% receiver with one of the Brownells M4 barrels.  I am going fixed stock since almost every other AR I have is a collapsible stock.  Pictures to follow.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Frick you guys! I swore off the A2 upper M4 barrel combo several years ago, and sold off a Colt 4 marked A2 upper with NON F fsb barrel to morg308 ( now resides with Augee) because what use are A2 sights on a carbine... A1 s are just fine...

Now I am almost done with Two A2 upper builds...

View Quote
HaHahaha.  I feel ya.  I was just trying to use up spare parts and build a beater truck gun.  
.....now it's turning into a 727 inspired clone
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

I like this one I did.

Shoots like a dream. A2s rock.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top