AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This might be a dumb question, but how do you get the delta ring around the front site with a permanent flash hider?
View Quote

Barrel nut is already there, delta assembly can go on from the back.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The delta ring, weld spring and split ring mount from the back of the barrel nut. Slip on the delta ring, then the weld spring and then the split ring.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
So, instead of cutting the receiver groove wider on one side to compensate for the canted sight, how about filing a flat on the alignment pin to allow it to rotate whatever direction you need? If the barrel I just ordered is canted, I'll let you know how it works out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
My barrel just arrived. Brand spanky new with chrome bore and chamber, and no cant. It's going on a keyhole forge marked A2 receiver and a Bushy lower. Going for the 727 replica.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:21:42 AM EDT
[#5]
lucky you
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I decided I didn't like the raw finish so I coated the rifle with FDE Durakote. I used the Magpul Bounty Hunter furniture that didn't sell in the EE after listing them for a month.

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]
That looks really good.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#9]
My barrel came in looks good , no cant!! I will be putting it in a C7 receiver.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@HRoark87
View Quote

Thanks @John44 This is just the info I am looking for! I'm going to take a chance on one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice, Pinedog31.

I am on the fence about sending my Numrich/Bushmaster barrel out to ADCO to have them remove the "dizzy" flash-hider and install (pin and weld) an A2X. Has anyone had this done? I've had them pin and weld a flash hider where there was none previously, but not remove one first.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah man, those 723 types are just so right.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:49:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I got to take it out and do some shooting (very happy). I have had all kinds of AR' s but this is my favorite by far.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:33:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Decided to just leave the flash hider as is, couldn't wait any longer to put it together:

Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice build.  Your work bench is way to clean .
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice AR, nice Tractor (we have an LA115) and nice sign above the door.  I approve of your message.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nice build.  Your work bench is way to clean .
View Quote
Lol.....I should have placed it on my "real" work bench for the pics!
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nice AR, nice Tractor (we have an LA115) and nice sign above the door.  I approve of your message.  
View Quote
Thanks.....I am Mustang-less right now, having sold my Boss a few months ago. I am actively looking for a replacement, though
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#21]
The dealership we buy our cars at always has Shelby Mustangs.   I told them both times we bought cars they part of of the deal is to let me drive a mustang.  With a manual tranny.  So this summer I got to drive a new one.  It was just a V-6.  But It's niiiiiice.  They have a decent amount of power now.  I remember back in 98 or so I drove a Cobra and a Camaro SS and the Cobra was WAAAAY funner to drive.  

Anyways....  We have a 2009 Focus SE and a 2015 Fusion S and like them both.  Of course I'd rather have more expensive models like a Flex and a Focus RS or something like that.  LOL.  OR the Fusion Titanium.  That would be niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It is possible they get second had stuff and parts that failed quality control. I got an A1 furniture kit that was advertised as excellent condition but they were in pretty rough shape. The sling mount on the stock was horribly rusted. So much so, that the pin holding it in place is seized up and cannot be driven out even after soaking it in  evapo-rust overnight.

I took apart the rifle that has that barrel and re-mounted it. While I was torqueing it down I placed a padded pipe wrench on the FSB and applied torque in the opposite direction till I got the barrel nut to line up with the gas tube. There was still a slight cant to the left so I kept torqueing the FSB to the right. I looked down the bore and lined up the iron sights and it is pretty much centered now. The bolt still locks up smoothly with the barrel lugs so it should be good now. While I had the barrel off, I replaced the delta ring with an early era flat slip ring. It looks alot better now.

I could have tried it with the barrel I just got last week, but it was still in the 30 day return window and it hasn't been shot yet, so I sent it back yesterday. Hopefully the replacement they send me isn't canted.

This is the rifle I hopefully fixed.

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t381/wjoutlaw2009/Mobile%20Uploads/20161015_175424.jpg
View Quote
Well I finally got around to taking this carbine to the range and the front sight post is definitely canted left. I adjusted the rear sight all the way to the right and it still needs more adjustment. The front sight post is buried all the way down and is still 6" low at 25m.

Any suggestions, I am way past Numrich's 30 day return policy.

Link Posted: 5/6/2017 4:27:37 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm not sure what cause the elevation issue. On other barrels, I've even had f marked fsbs with a2 uppers and had to adjust the front sight post up higher than the sight ears. I recently have found other 14.5" chrome lined barrels for about $125 $145, I won't be buying any more of these.
I'd call numerich and tell them what's going on and see if they'll take it back, some companies will even after their advertised return limit. Let us know what they say.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Man, hate hear you guys are having issues. My A1 build that uses this barrel is deadnuts, and did not require crazy sight adjustments. I hope my A2 build is as well, I will definitely report back here with the results of my first range trip.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what cause the elevation issue. On other barrels, I've even had f marked fsbs with a2 uppers and had to adjust the front sight post up higher than the sight ears. I recently have found other 14.5" chrome lined barrels for about $125 $145, I won't be buying any more of these.
I'd call numerich and tell them what's going on and see if they'll take it back, some companies will even after their advertised return limit. Let us know what they say.
View Quote
What source for other chrome lined barrels?  Do tell.  

Your rifle looks great,  If you don't get any relief from Numerich I would try some of the tips mentioned in these threads to get it straight.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Maybe he's talking about the ones from Midway....  I think AR Stoner is making them.  And someone else.  Or maybe not.  Maybe those are 16"ers...  I remember seeing some somewhere.  LOL.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What source for other chrome lined barrels?  Do tell.  

Your rifle looks great,  If you don't get any relief from Numerich I would try some of the tips mentioned in these threads to get it straight.
View Quote
https://www.dsarms.com/c-672-barrels-and-related.aspx
The 14.5 is out of stock, but it's $135, they have the 16" for $140. I'm on the "notice me" list when it come back in stock. I can pin and weld my self. DS Arms even had the extended A2 FH.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#28]
DsArms bbls are gtg.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nice, Pinedog31.

I am on the fence about sending my Numrich/Bushmaster barrel out to ADCO to have them remove the "dizzy" flash-hider and install (pin and weld) an A2X. Has anyone had this done? I've had them pin and weld a flash hider where there was none previously, but not remove one first.
View Quote
With all the issues with these barrels, most being non chrome lined, I'd say if you got a good one just call it a day and enjoy it. Don't waste money on it. You can buy 14.5"s like I posted above if you want to get a particular FH installed. In the long run I think that'd  be cheaper than having this FH removed from a questionable barrel. If you're sending it to adco you can even buy the 16" and have him chop it and P&W the FH.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

With all the issues with these barrels, most being non chrome lined, I'd say if you got a good one just call it a day and enjoy it. Don't waste money on it. You can buy 14.5"s like I posted above if you want to get a particular FH installed. In the long run I think that'd  be cheaper than having this FH removed from a questionable barrel. If you're sending it to adco you can even buy the 16" and have him chop it and P&W the FH.
View Quote
AASG, I posted a couple posts up, I decided to go ahead an build it (see pics). I already had another one of these barrels on an A1 build I finished last year, and it shoots fantastic. Kinda why I am surprised with all the issues posted on this thread. Of course, I will have to test out this most recent build of mine before calling it good, but by all appearances, it is pretty much the same as my first build with these Numrich/Bushmaster barrels.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.dsarms.com/c-672-barrels-and-related.aspx
The 14.5 is out of stock, but it's $135, they have the 16" for $140. I'm on the "notice me" list when it come back in stock. I can pin and weld my self. DS Arms even had the extended A2 FH.
View Quote
I've been on the "notify me" list for that 14.5" barrel for several months now.  At this point, I'm not sure that barrel is ever coming back.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've been on the "notify me" list for that 14.5" barrel for several months now.  At this point, I'm not sure that barrel is ever coming back.
View Quote
I have to. DSA says they will get more.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_319/276363_14-5-CL-ZM4-barrel-assembly.html
I'd probably just buy the 16" at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Last time I was on the notify list  once I was notified it took all of about 2 hours to be OOS again.

When the notification comes, it's shit or get off the pot time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#34]
I called Nurich today to see if I could return the barrel but since it was past the return window, they were going to charge me return shipping and a 15% re-stocking fee. I am just going to take it off and throw it in the spare parts bin for a future build. Planning on chopping off the FSP and using a free float rail that uses a mil-spec barrel nut.

Brownells is having a sale on their retro line blem barrels. I picked up a 14.7" to replace it for $125 with code M3P. I have a friend that can pin and weld it. I am so tempted to pick up an A1 upper and sell off the A2 upper, or do a trade.

http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=cl&pw=55963&ctc=j2v4wio2qr00zk8a00y51&mi=10077&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brownells.com%2Faspx%2Fgeneral%2FError404.aspx%3F404%3Bhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.brownells.com%3A80%2Frifle-parts%2Fbarrel-parts%2Frifle-barrels%2Findex.htm?avs|Manufacturer_1=brownells%20military%20barrels&avad=avant&aid=41227&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom+Link&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwine
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:52:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Just checked and they are still in stock. First one went together so easy, I'm tempted to get another.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top