User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2016 8:05:44 PM EDT
Where can one get some?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I recall having a hard time looking for one recently when finishing my 727, One website had them but I had to add all the individual parts to my basket (they didn't offer a kit) and it came to something like 60 bucks new with shipping. I said screw that and bought a used but in good shape carry handle on ebay and used the sight from that. total cost was prolly ~40 USD
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:10:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Rock River looks to be in stock.
I got mine here but they are OOS right now.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I get my A2 rear sight assemblies from Fulton Armory.  ~$40 plus shipping.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rock River looks to be in stock.
I got mine here but they are OOS right now.
View Quote

I've always had great luck sourcing my parts from RRA. They have an 18% off sale on the website currently.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered several sets from Fulton Armory.  Thank you for the help.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Armalite has most everything available too.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a couple from here, they are good to go. One set looked like NOS and one showed some slight wear.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/ar15m16a2rearsightassemblyusedexcellent.aspx
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I purchased mine from DPMS a while back, looks like they don't have parts in stock at the moment. I'd purchase one of the detachable carry handle sights and salvage it for parts, or I'd look into RRA for their standalone and salvage that for parts if I were really desperate.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I purchased mine from DPMS a while back, looks like they don't have parts in stock at the moment. I'd purchase one of the detachable carry handle sights and salvage it for parts, or I'd look into RRA for their standalone and salvage that for parts if I were really desperate.
View Quote

I have never taken a detachable carry handle A2 style rear sight apart to see personally but from what I have heard in the past some of the parts are different and not interchangeable with the fixed carry handle A2 style upper receivers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have never taken a detachable carry handle A2 style rear sight apart to see personally but from what I have heard in the past some of the parts are different and not interchangeable with the fixed carry handle A2 style upper receivers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is correct. Sights from an A2 receiver and a detachable carry handle are two different things. They will not completely interchange. The threading on the sights that calibrates elevation is very different.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top