AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2016 10:27:41 PM EDT
Latest addition to the stable here.

14.5" pin and weld barrel from Numrich
A2 Upper from JSE Surplus
lower receiver build kit from PSA
CAR stock from Tony's Custom LLC
80% anodized lower from Tactical machining.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I dig it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#2]
10/10
Perfect
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Bayo specs?
I need one for my a2.

Looks great!
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 12:36:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bayo specs?
I need one for my a2.

Looks great!
View Quote

Ontario Knife OKC-3 Marine Corp bayonet
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bayo specs?
I need one for my a2.

Looks great!

Yep. Amazon has them new for less than $100. I got mine from Uncle Sams Retail Outlet for $30 or so in issued and abused condition.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Going to put CAR handguards on it?
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
nice
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that the Bushy barrel with the Izzy style pinned flashhider?

Link doesn't show it.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1503160.htm  This is the one I'm thinking of, got one
ordered, wondering how they shoot.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Going to put CAR handguards on it?
View Quote

I really want to put CAR hand guards on it and possibly a flat delta ring, but the wife is on my ass about spending too much money on gun parts lately. If anyone has some for trade,  I would like to trade a set of A2 Surplus hand guards for the CAR hand guards. I have other parts up for trade too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link doesn't show it.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1503160.htm  This is the one I'm thinking of, got one
View Quote

Yes that is the one I got. It isn't chrome lined but whatever, it still shoots pretty well and the price was right.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes that is the one I got. It isn't chrome lined but whatever, it still shoots pretty well and the price was right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link doesn't show it.

It should be if it is marked B MP. I ordered one and built it into a very similar gun as yours. My barrel is chrome lined.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It should be if it is marked B MP. I ordered one and built it into a very similar gun as yours. My barrel is chrome lined.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link doesn't show it.

It is marked B MP, I thought it had to have a C on there too in order for it to have chrome lining. It's even advertised as non-chrome lined. Thanks for the information. Do you happen to know who made the barrel?
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link doesn't show it.

Yeah, B MP marked,  non chrome lined. Cant wait for mine, glad to hear yours is a good shooter.
Tig
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It is marked B MP, I thought it had to have a C on there too in order for it to have chrome lining. It's even advertised as non-chrome lined. Thanks for the information. Do you happen to know who made the barrel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link doesn't show it.

Those barrels are bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has been my understanding that all Bushmaster barrels are chrome lined with the exception of their target barrels.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, B MP marked,  non chrome lined. Cant wait for mine, glad to hear yours is a good shooter.
Tig
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link doesn't show it.

Tig

When did they stop making these chrome lined? Mine sure looks chromed. And every barrel I have ever previously used that was marked B MP was chrome lined.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link doesn't show it.

C just means Colt in "C MP." The B in "B MP" stands for Bushmaster. Like I said, to my knowledge every B MP marked barrel is chrome lined.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I assumed it would be cl as its a Bushy, but for the price and what it is, I had to jump on it. The A2 upper I received from them is amazing, cant wait to mate the two and shoot the piss out of it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I assumed it would be cl as its a Bushy, but for the price and what it is, I had to jump on it. The A2 upper I received from them is amazing, cant wait to mate the two and shoot the piss out of it.
View Quote

I just did some googling and most bushmaster barrels are chrome lined. The ones that aren't, are their target barrels. That one not being a target barrel, I am 99% sure it is chrome lined. I shined a light in the chamber and it sure looks chrome to me. It isn't shiny like steel, but more of a hard chrome looking matte finish. Mine shoots pretty well. When I was zeroing it, I was the rounds were making pretty small clover leafs at 25m. I was just using plain 55gr FMJ Wolf.

Let's not tell Numrich about it, lest they raise the price on us.

I got the raw unfinished A2 upper from them last week. I have a few raw unfinished 80% lowers that will go perfect with it. I am going to eventually put together a raw aluminum A2 or M-4 style rifle using the same barrel and a chrome BCG from JSE Surplus. That is, if the parts are still available after this shit show of an election.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Well if it shows up CL, I will not bitch.Now I'm more anxious. Or just impatient.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I have the same Bushmaster barrel with izzy fh from Numrich on my A1 build, and another one waiting for a Nodak A2 lower to be built. The barrels are chrome lined. My A1 shoots fantastic. For 129 bucks, these barrels are an awesome deal.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:18:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It has been my understanding that all Bushmaster barrels are chrome lined with the exception of their target barrels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, not anymore....
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:20:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well if it shows up CL, I will not bitch.Now I'm more anxious. Or just impatient.
View Quote

I just sent a $129 Bushy Numrich barrel back... Lousy finish, not chrome-lined, and had a burr in it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I just sent a $129 Bushy Numrich barrel back... Lousy finish, not chrome-lined, and had a burr in it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks, I was planning on buying a few more. How could you tell yours wasn't chrome? I'm curious because mine appears to be chromed when I looked at it. Bushmaster website states that the only barrels that aren't chrome lined are their target barrels.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Wasn't digging the sling and hand guards and a fellow Arcommer Beamdog offered me a set of FAB Defense skinny hand guards. I swapped out the sling for the green GP strap and 550 cord.

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top