Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

perfect, thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure the resident expert on anything C7 --Rebelrouser will chime in soon, but if IIRC, the early C7 were issued with 2-point sling, much like the USGI black silent sling.  But the C7 sling has a plastic buckle sewn in on one end in this picture below:

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm sure the resident expert on anything C7 --Rebelrouser will chime in soon, but if IIRC, the early C7 were issued with 2-point sling, much like the USGI black silent sling.  But the C7 sling has a plastic buckle sewn in on one end in this picture below:

http://www.rollanet.org/~stacyw/canadian_c7_assult_rifle_sling.jpg

View Quote

thx P2A, your old set of glossies ended up on it, lol, looks AWESOME  :)
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:51:13 AM EDT
[#5]
They look like the picture. The first issued ones had a tag on them that said C7/C8 with NSN. The other sling is the "assault sling" that was issued on the UN/NATO tours to the former Yugoslavia. I have a few laying around. They came with the civie Diemaco rifles
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They look like the picture. The first issued ones had a tag on them that said C7/C8 with NSN. The other sling is the "assault sling" that was issued on the UN/NATO tours to the former Yugoslavia. I have a few laying around. They came with the civie Diemaco rifles
View Quote

RR sent you an email :)
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://www.rollanet.org/~stacyw/canadian_c7_assult_rifle_sling.jpg

View Quote

As I recall, the ones we were issued in 1988, didn't have a sewn-in buckle at all.  They were just a standard two-point sling - black with black plastic buckles.  I remember that it was an entire 40 minute period in the train-the-trainer course, on how to properly assemble the sling.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top