Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/8/2016 11:51:45 PM EDT
Anyone still make a good quality A2 upper receiver?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#1]
RRA

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:14:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Fulton Armory does as well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#3]
The RRA is a good A2 upper.

Although it is expensive, it does have a very nice finish and perfect machining.

EDIT: I'll get some pictures this afternoon if you're interested

EDIT 2:
If you want something cheaper, Del-Ton has assembled ones for $138 that are finally back in stock.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome. I appreciate the info. I'm not seeing any with the M4 feedramps. Does anyone still make one with M4 feedramps?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I looked for them last year and settled on the RRA.  It has A2 machining, NO M4 ramps. Very nice finish and I would build with it again. Took several weeks to receive, "We build them up as orders come in."

I'm sitting on one right now that is a FN take off (also non M4 ramps).  They show up on EE once in awhile as do Colt and others.

Here are some hot links for you.  Good Luck!

Rock River site

Rock River at PK arms - might be in stock

Del Ton Assembly

Fulton Stripped

Brownells DPMS (backordered)

Oly Arms still makes one

Not sure who makes this one

White Oak stripped  
White Oak pinned NM
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I looked for them last year and settled on the RRA.  It has A2 machining, NO M4 ramps. Very nice finish and I would build with it again. Took several weeks to receive, "We build them up as orders come in."

I'm sitting on one right now that is a FN take off (also non M4 ramps).  They show up on EE once in awhile as do Colt and others.

Rock River site

Del Ton Assembly

Fulton Stripped

Oly Arms still makes one

White Oak stripped  
White Oak pinned NM
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rock River site

Del Ton Assembly

Fulton Stripped

Oly Arms still makes one

White Oak stripped  
White Oak pinned NM

Much Appreciated!
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
This should become a sticky
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#8]
FN does with rifle feed ramps for government contracts.

CD
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks for posting this. I had the same question.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I've done a few A2 builds and so far none have had M4 ramps. I usually wind up with M4 cut barrel extensions and cut the uppers with a rat tail file to feed reliably. Not a big deal really.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I've done a few A2 builds and so far none have had M4 ramps. I usually wind up with M4 cut barrel extensions and cut the uppers with a rat tail file to feed reliably. Not a big deal really.
View Quote

I have an A2 upper with a barrel that has M4 feedramps.  I've yet to have any issues.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have an A2 upper with a barrel that has M4 feedramps.  I've yet to have any issues.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My dissipator A2 I built last fall was the first. Occasionally had issues chambering the next round when rapidly firing. Was a quick and easy fix.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#13]
So I dug out some paper work for a source and in 2014 I bought an A2 upper with M4 ramps from American Spirit Arms.  The problem is, they no longer list it.  It was $129 and is absolutely flawless.  You might give them a ping and see if they have any left. American Spirit Arms
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So I dug out some paper work for a source and in 2014 I bought an A2 upper with M4 ramps from American Spirit Arms.  The problem is, they no longer list it.  It was $129 and is absolutely flawless.  You might give them a ping and see if they have any left. American Spirit Arms
View Quote

Thanks for the tip. I hit them up and they said they no longer offer them. It was worth a shot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Get the RRA. I absolutely love mine, it's my favorite rifle. Great barrel profile and I prefer the 1x9 twist.

Their current discount promo (18% off) only applies to the base parts though, upgrades like chrome lined barrel, etc, aren't discounted. A2 receiver with upgraded chrome lined barrel and chrome bolt was $625 shipped.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Get the RRA. I absolutely love mine, it's my favorite rifle. Great barrel profile and I prefer the 1x9 twist.

Their current discount promo (18% off) only applies to the base parts though, upgrades like chrome lined barrel, etc, aren't discounted. A2 receiver with upgraded chrome lined barrel and chrome bolt was $625 shipped.
View Quote

Good choice!  Glad you like it.
RRA doesn't currently get a lot of love, but they have offered a reliable product line for years. I really like them.
BITD (OK, Back in the day) I went to urban rifle classes where they were mentioned with Colt as the only other reliable rifle line.  Times have changed but they are still a great line. I still have my original Government Entry and have built with a bunch of uppers and lowers.  
In my personal opinion, they do not advertise enough, or else the have enough business and want to stay the the current size.  
Some commenters have opined that their .gov contracts are enough, but I don't know.
I also like Aero, Joe Bob, and Noveske.
Congrats,
Rick
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top