Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2016 7:06:46 PM EDT
I have already had two A2s in the past and built a replacement for them a few years ago with a black usgi refinished upper and FN barrel and mix of USGI parts to represent a current "rebuild" USGI A2.

Got to digging and found some vintage Colt parts in the stash...

So I'm up to complete colt upper in grey... I have a grey delta ring..minty colt barrel w/ peel washer and C /bell FSB no date or "O" on barrel so it's early...as in before '89.  grey CH more worn than the upper.  A nice grey textured buttstock.  shiny A2 handguards....that I had painted 10 years ago and decided to strip them as they are my only shiny pair!  Some dings and gouges on them though will be looking for replacements.

Local guy is going to engrave my 80% with A2 markings and one of the serial numbers I was issued while in the USMC. I found several of my rifle score books...the oldest going back to '95.  Funny note..at the time it was basically 9 rifle BNs assigned to Lejeune but only 8 sets of weapons (in use) as 1 BN was always in Okinawa... so the units that deployed to Oki...left their weapons/gear for the unit coming back...

I was in 1/2 in '96...but '91-'94 I was in 3/6.   1/2 fell in on 3/6's gear while I was away...so this serial number was likely with my several years earlier...kinda cool... lol

once I get it engraved I'll get it anodized and slap it all together...for "my issue A2".
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
potato pics:

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Great start! Colt A2 barrels are not easy to come by anymore.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top