Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2015 11:34:51 PM EDT
Hello, new here to the boards. Have been visiting the site for a long while now gathering info and such but just made the jump to join and thought I would share my latest build with you all. Hope you enjoy it!!

Aero Precision USA FDE Upper, Freedom FDE Lower, 12" FDE M-Lok Handguard, Magpul FDE CTR Stock, Magpul K2+ Grip, Ergo Magwell Grip, PSA Lower Parts Kit, Magpul FDE Trigger Guard, Magpul Gen2 30rnd Mag, Magpul Angled Foregrip, 16" Barrel with VG6 Gamma, Magpul FDE MBUS, and Vortex Sparc II Red Dot Sight

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful.  Welcome.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:05:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Now that's a great first post...  Very nice rifle !!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a nice rifle & all, but it really doesn't belong here in the A2 forums...
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a nice rifle & all, but it really doesn't belong here in the A2 forums...
View Quote

This, that's a nice build, buts more SOPMOD Block II than A2.  If you decide to get a fixed carry handle upper with an elevation adjustable rear sight, then please add it here.

Also, your rear mbuis will sit flat and straight like it's supposed to if you take the ladder panel cover out from under it.  If you've already zeroed it, you'll have to rezero.  Almost forgot: Welcome aboard, if you haven't been there already, let me be the first to warn you about GD.  Enter at your own risk.  I suggest you lurk in that section for a while before posting there.  Check out the AR Basics section for more general info.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#5]
That looks sweet, man.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry, Like I said new here. I saw A2 and just figured that was a general reference to AR's. I'll try not to make this mistake in the future, just wanted to share my first actual build and thought this was the correct place to do that.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This, that's a nice build, buts more SOPMOD Block II than A2.  If you decide to get a fixed carry handle upper with an elevation adjustable rear sight, then please add it here.

Also, your rear mbuis will sit flat and straight like it's supposed to if you take the ladder panel cover out from under it.  If you've already zeroed it, you'll have to rezero.  Almost forgot: Welcome aboard, if you haven't been there already, let me be the first to warn you about GD.  Enter at your own risk.  I suggest you lurk in that section for a while before posting there.  Check out the AR Basics section for more general info.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If they are flipped up why would the ladder have anything to do with having to rezero them? This may be a dumb question, but shouldn't it only be in the way (slightly) while in the folded position and not interfering at all while flipped up?

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#8]
nice build love Aero Precision.   Why get freedom lower and then cover it up with unnecessary magwell grip?  Why is the angled foregrip so close to reciever?.  Edit disregard photo request
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Posted in SOPMOD Block II and they said the same thing.. Im about to just stop posting pictures here.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 2:16:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

nice build love Aero Precision.   Why get freedom lower and then cover it up with unnecessary magwell grip?  Why is the angled foregrip so close to reciever?.  Edit disregard photo request
View Quote
I literally just finished building this and just threw the AFG on. I figured I would wait to adjust it when I actually took it to the range.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 2:34:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm. No. There aren't any military issued parts on his gun. BUT- before I sound like a gigantic asshole again,

Very nice rifle OP! I seriously dig it, it's just not an A2 or a SOPMOD Block 2
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:38:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice build OP, but now let us discuss your next build and the benefits of having an A2 clone in the collection
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Nice build OP, but now let us discuss your next build and the benefits of having an A2 clone in the collection
View Quote
Sounds good! You know I was already starting to get ideas for my next build lol. Thanks everyone for all the love. BTW where should I be posting this rifle??

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sounds good! You know I was already starting to get ideas for my next build lol. Thanks everyone for all the love. BTW where should I be posting this rifle??

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to AR15.com. This rifle would probably be best off in the

AR Discussions area, but feel free to hang out here and in the Retro Forum for more civilized conversation.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Welcome to AR15.com. This rifle would probably be best off in the     AR Discussions area, but feel free to hang out here and in the Retro Forum for more civilized conversation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welcome to AR15.com. This rifle would probably be best off in the     AR Discussions area, but feel free to hang out here and in the Retro Forum for more civilized conversation.

We have a forum dedicated to builds. "Build It Yourself" would be the best place. There is a show off your build photo thread in there. That's the best place to post pictures so the forum isn't cluttered with "hey look at this" and there's more room for technical discussions
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If they are flipped up why would the ladder have anything to do with having to rezero them? This may be a dumb question, but shouldn't it only be in the way (slightly) while in the folded position and not interfering at all while flipped up?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because when you fold it down(closed) the cover is putting pressure on the mount screw since it's not able to sit on the rail itself like it was designed.  It's tilting the sight forward and possibly pushing the clamping surfaces up and forward.  When it's up(open) it's fine, but it might shift the sight slightly when folded, changing your zero.  I'd just watch it and if the zero starts to wander then remove the ladder panel.

As far as the Block II comment, I should have put "Block II ish", my bad there, I forgot how viscous they can be over there, for that I apologize.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to ARFCOM.  Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Welcome to ARFCOM.  Really Nice First Post.  Slick looking Rifle.

OK, that's done, What's your next project or project's ?

If your here then you should have at least 2 going at all times ( I think that is what was explained to me ).

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top