Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 9:29:31 AM EDT
Im in search of  better OD hand guards for my C7. The set I have are very flimsy unlike the factory black ones you could use as a hammer if needed. Anyone know where to find the harder durometer material OD color guards? This green set I got from Tonys Uppers in Ohio

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Im in search of  better OD hand guards for my C7. The set I have are very flimsy unlike the factory black ones you could use as a hammer if needed. Anyone know where to find the harder durometer material OD color guards? This green set I got from Tonys Uppers in Ohio

Thanks
View Quote

Rock River Arms

I used a set on a recent A2 build I did. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I just called them, they informed me that no one makes mill spec GREEN guards in the rifle and mid length. All the ones in OD green are made of a poly vinyl blend and it is more flexible. DAMN.. How do they do it up in Canada with the C series and the forward vertical grips?  The black ones I have are incredibly strong, may have to find a way to coat them. I really like the green color furniture
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Just talked to Cavalry arms and they make the  glass filled guards not the poly vinyl flexable crap. Ordered a set, should be here by end of the week I will advise if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just talked to Cavalry arms and they make the  glass filled guards not the poly vinyl flexable crap. Ordered a set, should be here by end of the week I will advise if anyone is interested.
View Quote

Tag for interest. I just received a couple sets of Rock River hand guards and am less than impressed, compared to my colt ones anyway.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#5]
When I started this gig Cav Arms was the source for colored furniture.... all my guns are free floated and have specific stocks etc now though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:36:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't gotten pics or Video yet but I have to say right away that these are the REAL DEAL . I cant barely flex these at all, and I noticed that they are the provider for Palmetto Armory, same forge marks and fitment.  Very very sturdy, and full coverage heat shields inside the grips. the M4 style stock I got is same material, and fits tight against a mill spec tube. Rifle hand guards I got I am in question if I was shipped the wrong ones, they are substantially larger than the cheap ones in profile. I will advise further after the holiday...
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:43:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Cheap on left C7, Cav Arms on left (Again not sure if they sent me the thick ones by mistake & color in person does match on both rifles, HDR photo his horrible with green colors)

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:31:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Colt Canada released about 100 of each set. If you missed the boat you can just spray paint them. I know at some bases that they couldn't get the carbine hand guards and just spray painted them.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn...ya I hope I can get the stiff ones in the smaller profile. Paint on plastic...yuck. Never feels or sicks well.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Fulton Armory sells OD Green A2 handguards

http://www.fulton-armory.com/handguard12a2roundusginewblack.aspx
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes they may...however again the ones I had were cheap and flimsy, I wanted sold ones that didn't twist and crinkle when a rail or vertical grip were used. I have Cav Arms on both rifles now and am VERY happy with their products. Was even able to get a CAR15 stock in OD for my C7 so its now more correct!
Fantastic customer service by Tom as well!
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, excellent thread.

Thanks TheStinger, this is exactly what I was looking for.    
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome, knew I couldnt be the only one, just ordered a tri rail for it too

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#14]
You could also run a KAC M5 RAS with green panels and VFG. The green panels were made for the Canadian Army and Norway. So the color matches. If you find panels with the maple leaf on the back of them they are contract overruns. They are kicking around.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 2:24:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Not any more! LOL 299 for a set of plastic...wow
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please tell me those prices are a joke. $108 for a DPMS LPK?  Wtf?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Canadian dollars. Looks like 1$ CAD is about 77¢ right now, so the LPK is about $84.

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top