AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2015 1:01:18 PM EDT
Found this article:

http://www.thenewrifleman.com/windham-weaponrys-budget-friendly-barrels/

Windham Weaponry 20 inch barrel
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
For my A2 rifle build, the barrel was something that I really wanted to go BCM, I might go with this one.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI, I just ordered this barrel and it looks like it will be $193.50 to my door. I'm not sure if there's a special going on or what.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For my A2 rifle build, the barrel was something that I really wanted to go BCM, I might go with this one.

View Quote

The BCM barrel may be "F" marked on the FSB.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dam it, you're right.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dam it, you're right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dam it, you're right.

That would matter zero. If you're looking at it from a "correct" standpoint, this Windham barrel would be incorrect as well due to the M4 feed ramps.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#6]
This barrel is a solid offering. I tried accuracy testing it today but my eyes couldn't resolve the sight in target I brought. I was struggling so next time I hit the range I will be trying again.

My 20 inch gun rockint that barrel has been dead nuts reliable from the first shot fired. I haven't pounded rounds down range with it yet, but I suspect it will remain reliable and I believe it's a great value for the money.

PS: rumor has it this is a barrel from Green Mountain which then Windham installs the FSB and extension...

The M4 feedramps have been of no consequence on my build.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I have also heard these are Green Mountain brand barrels.

Not sure.

The M4 feedramps have been of no consequence on my build.
View Quote

So no trouble from them?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That would matter zero. If you're looking at it from a "correct" standpoint, this Windham barrel would be incorrect as well due to the M4 feed ramps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dam it, you're right.

A small thing you can't even see wouldn't bother me; only the "F" would bother me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A small thing you can't even see wouldn't bother me; only the "F" would bother me.
View Quote

Mismatched feed ramps would irk me more. Different strokes, I suppose. I have an M16A4 barrel on my C7 clone, and I haven't paid any attention to the F-marked sight base since it's been assembled. I love Christine, by the way.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mismatched feed ramps would irk me more. Different strokes, I suppose. I have an M16A4 barrel on my C7 clone, and I haven't paid any attention to the F-marked sight base since it's been assembled. I love Christine, by the way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's something we do have in common.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would you have mismatched feed ramps?  A2 uppers do not have feed ramps, so to install a barrel with M4 feed ramps would simply look like you have a bit wider feed ramps on the barrel extension.  Nothing would look mismatched.

Not to mention, M16A4 barrels and uppers have M4 feed ramps.  So if you have an M16A4 barrel, you also have M4 feed ramps in addition to the F marked FSB.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not to mention, M16A4 barrels and uppers have M4 feed ramps.  So if you have an M16A4 barrel, you also have M4 feed ramps in addition to the F marked FSB.
View Quote

No, they do not. M16A4's have rifle barrel extensions and rifle upper receivers without feed ramps. And to answer your other question, having an M4 barrel extension and a normal non-M4 cut upper receiver constitutes a mismatch, though a more acceptable mismatch than having it the other way around.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top