Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2015 3:24:32 PM EDT
Just got my latest build back from John Thomas & must allow those who have not yet seen the quality of his work the opportunity to do so.  Most of these parts came from folks on the EE with the exception of the peel washer, handguards and non F marked FSB.  Receiver is C MB marked Colt A2, barrel is Colt 14.5 with JT pinned & welded A2 FH, 727 guards from ebay and non F marked FSB off Gun Broker.  Turn-a-round at R.A.W. was super quick and final product is, well............you decide on John's quality.  I am quite pleased and looking for more ideas to send off to John.

and, as a reminder of the barrel spacer from the other well known folks doing barrel work.............

Thank you John for another great job.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks OP for sharing pics of your 727 upper and JT's fine work
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
very nice!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice.

May I ask how much it costs? In the near future I'm going to be finished gather parts for my A2 rifle and looking for a place to send it to that won't mount my FSB canted.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes. Simply perfection.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#6]
MikeE23666            In terms of costs, everything is broken down into individual services.   Email John at jntmjt1@yahoo.com and you can get a price list of all his services.  I think you will find them to be extremely reasonable, especially when you see the quality of the work.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Where did you get the sleeve to get that a2 comp past 16" ? Nice upper by the way,
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:23:10 AM EDT
[#8]
That little spacer is skillfully made by JT for a mere $15 (machined & parked) and is a much better job than one of the big name companies produces. (see last pic for their spacer)  He has done two different barrels for me with this spacer & both are exactly the same, great fit & finish.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:46:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top