Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2015 12:07:23 PM EDT
I'm not a smith, but have taken apart many different types of weapons, and reassembled them to functioning condition. USMC taught me decades ago to disassemble and lay the parts out in order, reassemble from last part removed to first part removed. that's worked for years, and still does.

A well known coating company is telling me I'm doing it wrong. LOL  the manual I have, and the method i've used on dozens of AR lowers have worked, it's even worked with the well known coating company's parts on 3 other builds. here is my order of assembly, you decide if iI'm losing it or not;

1. install mag release
2. install bolt catch
3. install pivot pin
4. install trigger/disconnector
5. install hammer and cock it
6. install safety selector and grip, test for function
7. install buffer extension, take down pin and stock of choice

that's worked dozens of times.

latest attempt using a Mega Arms lower using the above method FAILED at the install safety selector, the trigger platform is peaking above the holes the safety installs into. tried 2 different safety selectors,,,ZERO success. checked my work,,,spings in correctly, everything lining up but the safety still won't go. Install an Anderson stainless trigger,,,,voila! all is well.

The well known coating compay tells me I'm doing it wrong, I should install them in this order, trigger/safety selector/hammer. I tell them I tried that but the weapon fails the charge with trigger held back, release/clunk test,,,i.e. it fires. Still my mistake tho, according to them.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Even tho I really like their bolt carriers they'll never get another penny from me. In short, they have FAILED miserably in the CS portion of the business in addition to shipping a dicey trigger/hammer assembly
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
dang, i'm so irate i put this here instead of "General" catagory
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Why are you irate that you didn't post it in GD?

What's wrong with this category?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cause, that's where i thought i was LOL the company pizzed me off and my obvious loss of memory location is an additional aggravation, just figured it belonged in General discussion, and that's where i thought i was. makes me hear the voices in my head saying "welcome to the old folks home"
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

cause, that's where i thought i was LOL the company pizzed me off and my obvious loss of memory location is an additional aggravation, just figured it belonged in General discussion, and that's where i thought i was. makes me hear the voices in my head saying "welcome to the old folks home"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why don't you just cross post it in GD?

Just mention in the title that it's cross posted from the A2 Build forum.

You might get a lot more quicker responses in GD, but you'll probably get better answers in here.

It just might not be as fast.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
don't know i'm looking for answers, just venting i suppose
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds to me like this has nothing to do with order of operation. If the trigger tail protrudes into the selector bore it is too high. You probably have a tolerance stack issue. You may have to relieve the trigger tail to get that particular trigger to work.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
only thing i'm likely to end up doing is throw it away, FailZero trigger/hammer/disconnector has in my experience a 25% quality control issue. when a trigger out of an LPK that cost less than the 3 pieces from FailZero, and it worked, something somewhere is wrong, but of course it must be me taking this brand new item out of it's ziplock bag and installing it in the correct order, can't be them ,,, sorry, i just have to throw the bullshit flag on that one
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#8]
There are some pretty good videos here that show how to assemble a lower, Bro.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:46:12 PM EDT
[#9]
i know how to assemble a lower. that is not the problem. strange that 3 out of 4 failedzero component sets functioned, dozens of anderson builds functioned as they should, daniel defense LPK worked fine, psa LPK work fine....just this failedzero doesn't ...bro
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
i know how to assemble a lower. that is not the problem. strange that 3 out of 4 failedzero component sets functioned, dozens of anderson builds functioned as they should, daniel defense LPK worked fine, psa LPK work fine....just this failedzero doesn't ...bro
View Quote

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic.

Like I suggested before you should post this in GD and mention the Fail Zero issue you have and maybe you will get a solution.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:36:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Like I suggested before you should post this in GD and mention the Fail Zero issue you have and maybe you will get a solution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no offense taken, i hope none taken by you either. last phone call i had with failzero was this morning when i told them to never call me again LOL  their solution is: it's my fault for putting it together wrong,,,ummm,,,that didn't happen. i took it apart 3 times to verify i didn't screw something up, but bottom line is, doing it their way and the assembly has a very stiff safety and will not pass the charge it release the trigger thunk test, it fires instead of thunking and locking the hammer in the ready to go position. second bottom line is the trigger/disconnector out of an anderson LPK works fine, i can live with the anderson stainless steel trigger, nothing wrong with the failzero hammer, so 2/3's of the 50 dollar parts is suspect. this is the 3rd,,,perhaps 4th (i'm old and don't remcall without checking invoices) bolt carrier, cam pin, and trigger/hammer/disconnector i've bought from them in the last 6 weeks or so. must be good to have enough business you can afford to throw away someone who spent dang near a grand with you recently LOL i should be so lucky. anyway, i have a functioning 18" 6.8 spc now, with a trigger that functions and allows the rest of the lower parts to function as well. i'm good to go, but for 50 bucks failzero should have at least kissed me
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#12]
OK.

Thanks for explaining all that, but I didn't read it.

First of all TL;DR and the bold makes it harder to read.

If you bring your post down to regular text and do paragraphs I'll read it.

After all this the tech forums.

Just Sayin'
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:50:58 AM EDT
[#13]
just so you can see this, i do bold so i can see it

and if you don't read perhaps you shouldn't comment

maybe the site needs a remedial reading video for you

just sayin
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
just so you can see this, i do bold so i can see it

and if you don't read perhaps you shouldn't comment

maybe the site needs a remedial reading video for you

just sayin
View Quote

Wow.

Not trying to be a jerk, but you need to be nicer.

Just Sayin'.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm not a smith, but have taken apart many different types of weapons, and reassembled them to functioning condition. USMC taught me decades ago to disassemble and lay the parts out in order, reassemble from last part removed to first part removed. that's worked for years, and still does.

A well known coating company is telling me I'm doing it wrong. LOL  the manual I have, and the method i've used on dozens of AR lowers have worked, it's even worked with the well known coating company's parts on 3 other builds. here is my order of assembly, you decide if iI'm losing it or not;

1. install mag release
2. install bolt catch
3. install pivot pin
4. install trigger/disconnector
5. install hammer and cock it
6. install safety selector and grip, test for function
7. install buffer extension, take down pin and stock of choice

that's worked dozens of times.

latest attempt using a Mega Arms lower using the above method FAILED at the install safety selector, the trigger platform is peaking above the holes the safety installs into. tried 2 different safety selectors,,,ZERO success. checked my work,,,spings in correctly, everything lining up but the safety still won't go. Install an Anderson stainless trigger,,,,voila! all is well.

The well known coating compay tells me I'm doing it wrong, I should install them in this order, trigger/safety selector/hammer. I tell them I tried that but the weapon fails the charge with trigger held back, release/clunk test,,,i.e. it fires. Still my mistake tho, according to them.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Even tho I really like their bolt carriers they'll never get another penny from me. In short, they have FAILED miserably in the CS portion of the business in addition to shipping a dicey trigger/hammer assembly
View Quote

I've always installed the selector last, after installing the other FCG components, and never had a problem. Bunch of BS.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I knew better than to click on this thread.  This is why I do NOT frequent Gen Discussion
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I always follow the same order as you, OP.  But before putting in the selector I cock the hammer and that lowers the trigger enough to get the selector in place.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I always follow the same order as you, OP.  But before putting in the selector I cock the hammer and that lowers the trigger enough to get the selector in place.
View Quote

I never follow any directions or list but I like to start with the trigger guard, then the bolt catch, after that the pivot pin, mag catch, FCG, then buffer retainer and buffertube.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top