Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 6:00:13 PM EDT
I know that the difference in F marked vs non-F marked FSBs is 0.04" and I know that an F marked FSB will work just fine for a mid-length and rifle length build due to the longer sight radius; however, will it work with a carbine length system? Is it a good idea?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats what I use on my 16" carbine with an A3 upper, don't know for sure if it's correct or not but it puts rounds where they need to be
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
yes it will
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]
The F marked FSB is taller than the non-marked ones.  So you front sight post is a little taller when used with an A2 upper.  So you may have to crank down the FSP just below where it's flushed.  Some of us are lucky enough to establish zero just two or three clicks below flush, some of us have to crank it down further.  I just filed my FS post a little and touch it up with little cold-blue so I don't have to crank it way down on my carbine gas system A2 set up.  Hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Works just fine on my A2 carbine with 16" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Should work just fine.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
All of ya'll are awesome. Thanks for helping out this A2 newbie!
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top