Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2015 4:32:21 PM EDT
When I built my SBR I did it with an M4 upper because I wasn't sure if I wanted to use my carry handle or put a red dot on it. After shooting the carbine in both configurations I decided I like the iron sight combo better. One problem I had with the carry handle was the knobs. They are huge. I could have replaced them with nuts but then that would somewhat defeat the purpose. Another thing that bothered me was the fact that my fat middle finger knuckle wouldn't fit through the handle.

It was then that I decided I would switch to an A2 upper. Thanks to this site I was able to aquire beaucoup information about the A2 platform. One assumption I made that was wrong was that I could use the sight parts from my carry handle on the A2 upper. Of course I was wrong.

Now that I have it together I am very happy with it. I have always liked the look of the A1/A2, I guess it is because of my age, having been a child during the Viet Nam war. Something about Stoner's lines are just right. One benefit of the A2 upper is that it weighs 5 onces less than an M4 upper with a carry handle.

Untitled by John, on Flickr

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice! I've had an A2 upper laying around for a few years that I'm considering using for my 1st SBR build. I like the classic look of the carry handle too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty slick. I like it
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a really nice looking stick OP  It's everything you need and nothing you don't.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, very nice.  I'm not up on all the newfangled stuff, but that's a magpul stock, correct?  How you you like it.  Seems like sort of a cross between a sopmod and CTR.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Man, that looks great OP!

What is the barrel length? 10.5?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a really nice looking stick OP  It's everything you need and nothing you don't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks, I wanted to keep the cost down but not lose any essentials. The add-ons are the QD sling mount and the pic rail for a weapon light.

Quoted:
Wow, very nice.  I'm not up on all the newfangled stuff, but that's a magpul stock, correct?  How you you like it.  Seems like sort of a cross between a sopmod and CTR.

Yes. The stock is a Magpul MOE SL. I have a sopmod and this is close, but no storage. It is light and minimalistic, but locks up very solid on the RE. The handguard is also MOE SL. The grip is a MIAD.

Quoted:
Man, that looks great OP!

What is the barrel length? 10.5?

Thanks! The barrel is an Aero precision 10.5 w/FSB. The Aero barrels are made by Ballistic Advantage and have the QPQ finish. So far I'm very happy with it.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top