Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2015 6:18:06 PM EDT
Just finished two new builds that I have been accumulating parts for.  The first is an M16A2, FN copy.  The upper end is built from an FN receiver, FN (cage code) barrel, FN Bolt with an Ice Carrier, and GI charging handle all complements of the EE.  The hand guards were a pay- it- forward item and stock assembly is of unknown origin but also off the EE.  Lower receiver is a Matrix Aerospace with PTAC parts kit.  A point of interest is that I have used several of the PTAC parts kits and have found them to be just as good and provide just as nice a trigger as the PSA kits.  

The mid-length is A2" inspired" and I refer to it as Mini Me.  It is a PSA CHF A3 complete upper end with GI carry handle.  Lower Receiver is PSA with a PSA parts kit.  This is where I diverge a bit because the stock assembly is A1 off the EE; carry handle is also off the EE.

I haven't got either one to the range yet but now that it has stopped raining in East Texas I may get a chance.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the A2, and that mid-length makes me want to build an A2 middy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
sweet
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I generally don't like midlength A2's but this one looks good (even though A3)
nice effort!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Handy little bugger isn't it; what does that little jewel weigh? It reminds me of the 3/4 scale 1911 in .22 lr that Browning is selling.  With the extended hand guards and A1 length stock everything still looks proportional. I was actually looking for a Cav-Arms stock for the build but stumbled into the GI A1 and just stuck with it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Swap out that selector for the proper old style & then you'll be spot on.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Educate me.  What am I looking for?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Have you seen the carbine length fixed stocks? I think it would really add to the mini me look of the gun.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Two very nice rifles, how do they shoot?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the old-style selector DiveCop is referring to:

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I have seen the "entry length" fixed stocks but just didn't have one.  The the A1 length I used and the CavArms stock are 5/8" shorter than an A2 but not as much as the entry length.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Have you seen the carbine length fixed stocks? I think it would really add to the mini me look of the gun.
View Quote

I have seen the "entry length" fixed stocks but just didn't have one.  The the A1 length I used and the CavArms stock are 5/8" shorter than an A2 but not as much as the entry length.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I like them both very much!
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice pair
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top