Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2015 1:23:34 PM EDT
Hey all. I was looking at one of these with a slick side lower, no bayo lug, and the seer area had the shelf as if it hadn't been milled out enough like the m16 :(I believe this makes is a "blue label" gun?  Are these still sought after?  They wanted $950 and it was fired.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The Serial prefix was SP and then 24****

Bolt carrier is cut and has an A2 FH.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey all. I was looking at one of these with a slick side lower, no bayo lug, and the seer area had the shelf as if it hadn't been milled out enough like the m16 :(I believe this makes is a "blue label" gun?  Are these still sought after?  They wanted $950 and it was fired.  
View Quote

As far as being sought after, they still appeal to some. These came out in 1986. The lower assembly is a marriage between the SP1/SPII (lower receiver) and the A2 (buttstock and pistol grip). This model uses the A2 Heavy Barrel upper assembly. These were Colt's first serious attempt at making the AR-15 into a target shooting rifle that could really compete. This particular model pre-dates the Sporter Match HBARs and the Match Target HBARs that were produced in the earlier 1990s. In my opinion, a $950 price tag may be about right if it is in excellent condition. If it is showing signs of wear, somewhere around $875 is more reasonable.  I have a Colt MH6601 Sporter Match HBAR that look brand new. The original owner only put about 100 rounds through it. It came complete in the original box. I paid $1100 for it, which I found very reasonable for its condition. A Colt AR-15A2 HBAR Sporter would be a nice piece for any Colt AR collection. I hope to add a few more early Colt ARs to my collection one day.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As far as being sought after, they still appeal to some. These came out in 1986. The lower assembly is a marriage between the SP1/SPII (lower receiver) and the A2 (buttstock and pistol grip). This model uses the A2 Heavy Barrel upper assembly. These were Colt's first serious attempt at making the AR-15 into a target shooting rifle that could really compete. This particular model pre-dates the Sporter Match HBARs and the Match Target HBARs that were produced in the earlier 1990s. In my opinion, a $950 price tag may be about right if it is in excellent condition. If it is showing signs of wear, somewhere around $875 is more reasonable.  I have a Colt MH6601 Sporter Match HBAR that look brand new. The original owner only put about 100 rounds through it. It came complete in the original box. I paid $1100 for it, which I found very reasonable for its condition. A Colt AR-15A2 HBAR Sporter would be a nice piece for any Colt AR collection. I hope to add a few more early Colt ARs to my collection one day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you very much. I saw it in a shop today and almost pulled the trigger but wasn't positive what I was looking at.

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top