Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 2:16:15 AM EDT
Anyone have this combo? I have one of the deep black FNA2 uppers and would like to know if the McKay A2 black lower will match well in anodizing.

Thanks

******UPDATE**********

So for future viewers of this thread, the color matches pretty well. The McKay lower is a bit deeper of a black.

It's hard to tell, and depends in what light you're in. One of these photos shows the upper looking black, and the lower looking gray. The other, vice versa. In neutral, flat light, the McKay looks slightly deeper black. In mixed or harsh light though, you can see the anodizing on the McKay lower is almost "sparkly" thus you get a little light shift. I think it will smooth out to eventually match the flatter, duller finish of the FN. As well, the FN is more of the "purple" black, whereas the McKay is  "true black" (That could be what's throwing my eye)

Either way, great lower with outstanding machining and tight tolerances, and the price can't be beat!

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Best I can do for you is a MxKay black with a Colt A4 upper - all of my A2 uppers are gray.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best I can do for you is a MxKay black with a Colt A4 upper - all of my A2 uppers are gray.

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt317/Pericles-photo/A4ACOG_zps337f4d9a.jpg
View Quote

Thanks

does it match well?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks

does it match well?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt317/Pericles-photo/A4ACOG_zps337f4d9a.jpg

Thanks

does it match well?

I think it does - I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be able to tell you in a few weeks. I have a McKay lower and just bought an FN upper. I ultimately want to build a semiauto A2 clone.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Update in OP
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top