Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2015 1:06:38 AM EDT
Didn't know Bushmaster was still producing A2s, but looks like they just came out with a batch.  Hard to beat $565 SHIPPED for a complete AR (about half its MSRP), esp for an A2 which are commanding a premium these days!!

http://grabagun.com/bushmaster-a2-223-16-m4a2-30rd.html

Manufacturer's number show's it to have their 16" M4 profile chrome lined barrel.  Has a listed weight of 6.7 lbs.

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell thats worth putting away as an investment for the next gunban scare!
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle for that money...
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Wish I wasn't tapped out on my gun money, this Christmas was an optics season so it took quite the beating...
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it's crazy.  I bet that same gun went for the same amount of money 10 years ago.  Maybe more money.  

That's a nice carbine.  I wonder if that barrel is LW under the handguards.  I would think so with that listed weight.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The price is right but it's too bad it's a Freedom Group Bushmaster instead of a better quality brand.  Have to assume it's basically a DPMS with a different roll mark.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, it's crazy.  I bet that same gun went for the same amount of money 10 years ago.  Maybe more money.  

That's a nice carbine.  I wonder if that barrel is LW under the handguards.  I would think so with that listed weight.
View Quote

The M4 barrels are lightweight under the handguards, hence the listed weight.  

10 years ago, your average basic AR was averaging $800 a pop.  Prices have gone down a long way due to supply and demand.  However, even in this market that is a great buy.  Especially for the almost non existent new production A2 rifles.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there a quality issue with these since they might be made by Cerberus? I have not shopped for an ar15 in a while and bushmaster used to be good stuff?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 10:07:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The quality has definitely gone down since WW was producing them.  I have seen, and heard of, new bushmasters hitting the shelves with improperly aligned flash hiders, etc.  However, that doesn't mean you'll get a bad gun or a lemon.  

If you want to get an A2 style carbine, you'd be hard pressed to find and build the parts for as cheap as this complete gun, even buying off the EE.  If it was an HBAR, it would be less desirable to me, but the fact that it has an M4 profile barrel in conjunction with the A2 upper makes it very tempting.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Back in stock!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder what the barrel twist rate is on these carbines...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:11:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

More.   I bought my first Bushmaster in 1997. It was the same configuration as this, other than mine had that ear-blasting AK brake Bushie used back then because of the 1994 AWB.   Anyway, price was $650, which was the cheapest I could find in CO at the time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

10 years ago, your average basic AR was averaging $800 a pop.  Prices have gone down a long way due to supply and demand.  However, even in this market that is a great buy.  Especially for the almost non existent new production A2 rifles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my first AR 10 years ago. I paid $799 for it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:32:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wonder what the barrel twist rate is on these carbines...
View Quote

According to few vendor sources like Joe Bob's, Bud's and CTD, it's a 1/9 barrel.

Incredibly BM has very little info on their site.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a A2 carbine identical to this one I bought after coming home from 2009 deployment, I think I paid $900.

I really thought back then that we would never see a no frills AR for below $800 ever again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#15]
14.5 pinned and I'd be really interested.  M4 carbines with 16" barrels always look like I need to adjust my screen stretch or something...
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Bushmaster XM-15 M4A2 Type Patrolman 5.56/.223 16-inch 30rd

Share on twitter More Sharing Services
$949.93
Is this the one? Looks like it might have been a mistake, this is the price on that link now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd rather have a Windham for a few dollars more.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

$949.93
Is this the one? Looks like it might have been a mistake, this is the price on that link now.
View Quote

Bummer of a mistake, the price in the OP is/was a screaming deal.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$949.93

Yeah, I know, I was looking to  buy another one when I first opened this post, Hell, the price in the first post was less than I paid for mine 10 years ago, but mine came with a plastic case.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I guess if you want a good deal on a Bushmaster right now, I would tell you to look for the model with the C7 upper with A1 rear sight, forward assist

and shell deflector with 14.5 1/9 barrel and permanent phantom flash hider.  I picked one up recently for 604.00 out the door and that is after

10% sales tax.  I don't know if they are all priced like that or if I just got a screaming deal, but I'm passing it on if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I guess if you want a good deal on a Bushmaster right now, I would tell you to look for the model with the C7 upper with A1 rear sight, forward assist
and shell deflector with 14.5 1/9 barrel and permanent phantom flash hider.  I picked one up recently for 604.00 out the door and that is after
10% sales tax.  I don't know if they are all priced like that or if I just got a screaming deal, but I'm passing it on if anyone is interested.
View Quote

I don't believe that configuration is produced any longer.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was my first AR. Add a CAR stock and you have a 723 clone easy-peasy.

Do you have a link to the special or was it a gunshop find?

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:59:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gunshop find, and that is exactly why I bought it and what I did.

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 5:33:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great minds think alike!

After toying with a commercial CAR stock, I now have a Colt N stock and a 4-pos tube on the way for it. Simple, handy little carbine. Love it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'd rather have a Windham for a few dollars more.
View Quote

What he said, as Windham is the original Bushy, made on same machines as old Bushmaster, by a lot of the same people.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Didn't know Bushmaster was still producing A2s, but looks like they just came out with a batch.  Hard to beat $565 SHIPPED for a complete AR (about half its MSRP), esp for an A2 which are commanding a premium these days!!

http://grabagun.com/bushmaster-a2-223-16-m4a2-30rd.html

Manufacturer's number show's it to have their 16" M4 profile chrome lined barrel.  Has a listed weight of 6.7 lbs.

http://www.birminghampistol.com/images/DSC_000525.jpg

http://www.birminghampistol.com/images/DSC_000125.jpg

http://www.birminghampistol.com/images/DSC_000726.jpg
View Quote

I dont see 565.00 carbine but see a 900.00 plus gun.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#27]
You snooze you loose.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Love these guns but read the comments on new Bushmaster products and chose to build my own. Plus I wanted a fixed stock. Still waiting on a few parts.

Rock River A2 upper $125.00 (yeah that was too much, should've shopped around more)
Rock River rear sight missing index screw from ebay $30
Rear sight index screw $3.00
Upper receiver kit $21.00
Sabre Defense BCG $90
Charging handle $14.00
DPMS delta ring and barrel nut $16.00
PSA melonite M4 profile carbine barrel on sale $94.00
PSA glacier guard $0 (not the ones in the attached pic)
Used Colt gas block $40.00
Muzzle break $0
DD gas tube $15.00
Anderson lower receiver $55
Anderson lower kit $49
Army surplus A2 stock $10
UTG A2 stock purchased for parts $59

Total $621.00 but would've been $561.00 had I used a DPMS A2 upper from CDNN Sports

http://i.imgur.com/d8CKPYe.jpg
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow, I can't believe you got free shipping on all those parts...
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wow, I can't believe you got free shipping on all those parts...
View Quote

Most of its was free shipping on ebay and Amazon Prime or gun show pick ups. I did pay shipping to Rock Island for the upper.

I buy so much on ebay I look for free shipping.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top