Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 10:06:29 AM EDT
Is there a significant difference in quality of A2 stocks?
I'm hoping to use 1 lower for a 20" A2 build and a 18" SPR

Joe bobs outfitters has an A2 assembly for $52
Is this a good buy?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the EE. There's always nice lightly used a2 stocks in there with hardware for about 40shipped.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check the EE. There's always nice lightly used a2 stocks in there with hardware for about 40shipped.
View Quote

interesting.
thanks
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as recent production stocks, get a gray one and not a black one. The gray ones have the solid foam filling while the black ones just have a plastic insert.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As far as recent production stocks, get a gray one and not a black one. The gray ones have the solid foam filling while the black ones just have a plastic insert.
View Quote

Also, very good info

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I gave $10 for my gray one, with spacer and screw, at a local gun show.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Supply on the EE of USGI A2 stocks has been limited lately. And when you find them it's often as a package deal since people are swapping them for collapsibles.

It's probably easier to just buy a complete set off a vendor like PK for $65.  Rub it with some CLP and it'll look fine.

I'd avoid Armalite since the one I got from them wasn't foam-filled USGI-spec but instead a cheap insert.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:07:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up a stock kit from RRA, $60 free shipping. Foam filled, plastic trap door but seems plenty rugged.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just picked up a stock kit from RRA, $60 free shipping. Foam filled, plastic trap door but seems plenty rugged.
View Quote

some else just had a daily deal for $60 too. Can't remember who for the life of me.
That's okay, I bought from an ARFCOMMER
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Supply on the EE of USGI A2 stocks has been limited lately. And when you find them it's often as a package deal since people are swapping them for collapsibles.

It's probably easier to just buy a complete set off a vendor like PK for $65.  Rub it with some CLP and it'll look fine.

I'd avoid Armalite since the one I got from them wasn't foam-filled USGI-spec but instead a cheap insert.

View Quote

+1 Armalite stocks and hand guards are cheaply made.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:19:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

The plastic trap door is milspec from what I have been told, did it have a metal hinge?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got an A2 stock from an old bushmaster that seems  solid. id trade out for an A1 if someone is looking.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The plastic trap door is milspec from what I have been told, did it have a metal hinge?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the hinge is metal as well as the door catch.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From my understanding that is the current milspec. My BCM A2 stock I bought last year was the same way.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#14]
My go to for butt-stock assemblies is Fulton Armory, I use their A1 stocks but have assembled rifles with A2 stocks. Yes the FA stocks are more expensive but the hardware is good quality even though the butt-stocks are hollow. For A1 stocks I apply a 1/2" nose shortened 1/16" thick Cheek Eez behind an extended charge handle, gives a comfy weld for scopes with around a 4" eye relief. The roomy hollow stocks come in handy for tools, parts, sandwiches and sodas. e-mail just received says Fulton Armory is having a Halloween Sale.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Create a WTB ad in the EE.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top