AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 3:55:50 PM EDT

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
what is that sticker?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks to be an A4 (I see removeable carry handle knobs and possible quad railage)
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Cropped and rotated from a larger version of the pic.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the sticker is the symbol on the flag...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#5]
i do not like.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's great!  LOL.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks to be an A4 (I see removeable carry handle knobs and possible quad railage)
View Quote

Nah, basic rifle length handguards. There's something funny about that stock though...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nah, basic rifle length handguards. There's something funny about that stock though...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

COULD be an Iranian M-16 copy, captured from the Syrians, IRGC, or Hezbollah in Syria...  The Iranian M-16 is a copy of the Chinese copy, and the fixed stock has a slightly different shape.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

COULD be an Iranian M-16 copy, captured from the Syrians, IRGC, or Hezbollah in Syria...  The Iranian M-16 is a copy of the Chinese copy, and the fixed stock has a slightly different shape.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah maybe. It's almost like it's a mix between and AK47 stock and M16 stock.. You see what I'm talking about? Right where the stock attaches to the lower receiver it has a funny shape. Almost the same spot the buffer tube nut would be on an adjustable.

Edit: It's probably just the angle honestly.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#11]
It definitely has removeable carry handle knobs. I have good eyesight as backbencher knows lol. The handguards are too blurry to be able to tell what they are exactly tho.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:19:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Could it be the left side of an Extended Charging Handle, that we're seeing?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  Could it be the left side of an Extended Charging Handle, that we're seeing?
View Quote

Possibly, but I've checked all the usual suspects, including Tapco, and no one has the Islamic State in their drop-down shipping menu yet.  So possibly a late A3 or A4 that was captured - if an A4, the handguard's been replaced, so more likely an A3, no?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Not to argue but..
It's pretty obvious that's it's this style A2 handguard.

I agree that it looks like a removable carry handle. When did they come out with an IS edition M16?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Above is near perfect Israeli  M16A1...whadda piece !  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
i do not like.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i do not like.

This.

About like dressing up as Nazi Death Camp Guard...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Possibly, but I've checked all the usual suspects, including Tapco, and no one has the Islamic State in their drop-down shipping menu yet.  So possibly a late A3 or A4 that was captured - if an A4, the handguard's been replaced, so more likely an A3, no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Could it be the left side of an Extended Charging Handle, that we're seeing?

I think it's an A4 with handguards. Im tellin you guys those are removeable carry handle knobs. An A3 is just an A2 upper with A1 lower/FCG. The Navy and Coast Guard are the only branches that used these.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I think it's an A4 with handguards. Im tellin you guys those are removeable carry handle knobs. An A3 is just an A2 upper with A1 lower/FCG. The Navy and Coast Guard are the only branches that used these.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, definitely looks like handle knobs. Also definitely looks like A2 handguards. Must be a mutt

I hope it explodes in the guys face either way.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#20]
they were sent to Benghazi first and distributed to various extremist groups from there.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:37:14 PM EDT
[#21]

that just made my day...
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm betting that rifle had previously been issued to the Iraqi Army and was captured or stolen. The last time I was in Iraq in 2008, some IA units already had them. Somewhere I have a picture of an Iraq soldier carrying an A2 at a checkpoint south of Baghdad. The sticker/picture/painting on the stock is either unit armory markings from the Iraqi Army unit it belonged to(I seem to remember similar stock markings on IA weapons I had contact with). The other possibility is that, like they tend to do over there, the guy in that picture "decorated" the rifle for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:04:38 AM EDT
[#23]
It won't last long in that state, it will get gold plated in the normal Iraqi fashion next week.

CD

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

that just made my day...
View All Quotes

and mine...lol
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top