Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2014 5:43:08 PM EDT
I've been a long time fan of the VTAC MK2 slings, but recently tried a BFG VCAS, and fell in love. It's just a perfect sling with no BS straps hanging everywhere, and the adjustment method is quick, neat, and doesn't require fine motor skills.

That said, I originally had a late 60's era USGI adjustable sling on my A2. I'm happy with it, but something was missing. It wasn't quick, and to some degree uncomfortable, though a good sling overall, nonetheless.

I just got another VCAS in the mail, and decided to try it on the A2. It's perfect, IMHO. It adjusts to just the length I need for a general carry sling, and can be cinched down to yield the same length I prefer with the USGI adjustable sling to be used as a support sling for off-hand shooting. Does it *replace* the USGI sling in terms of a shooting sling? Not quite, as it can't be disconnected and tied around your arm like the USGI does, but I'm working on figuring out a way on that :)

I think I may just leave this on here for a bit. This rifle is turning into my hiking/GP rifle very quickly, and this sling seems to be appropriate for it--very comfy, simple, and lightweight. The other setup I'd like to try is a more A4 type sling that wraps around the stock---but I'm not sure it's needed just yet.

Anyhow, what's your sling of preference on your A2 and why?

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Silent Sling

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Love the silent sling! I run one on my Ruger GSR
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#3]
My USMC issue black web M-14 style sling.  I guess it's my favorite because that's what I was originally issued (literally, I may have "accidently" forgot to turn it back in when I got out in 1992) and to me, it seems at home on an A2.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I prefer the silent sling as well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Got two original ...more or less ....A2s.  The one that represents the older, '80s, variation is running with G.I. silent.  The other, which is more up to date in config, is currently running a Sector Gear three point, but using my own attachment set-up for a true top sling carry.  This is the best rig I've ever had for a 20" AR....and use it on my A4 and SDMR  A2 as well, but in the factory set-up mode.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Both of  mine have GI nylon web slings on them.  Like the ones we used on M14's, but nylon instead of cotton.
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer the silent sling as well.
View Quote

Same here...have 'em on all mine.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top