Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2014 7:34:10 AM EDT
This weapon looks good on their website.   1/7 twist and the like.   What do know about these?   4150 or 4140 steel ?   Where are these parts being made, etc ?
Only ever seen one of their A2s  and that was a long time ago.   Same dealer had a Century refurb Colt A2 for the same money.  Didn't get either.   Anybody got the skinny?   Thanks !  
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Steel..... who knows...

HS TX like most outfits most likely doesn't make a single part themselves, they order parts and a recvr with their markings from parts makers and put it all together.

The quality of the ones I've seen ( A4 ) have been on par with other sellers AR's.

Hats off to them....They are one of the few makers offering a AR15 A2 Clone w/ 1:7 GI profile bbl.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
If we can ID the source of the barrel, then it will be a lot easier to ID the steel alloy in the barrel.   There is no doubt that the whole weapon is a farm out, but if they use the right stuff, from the right sources, it could wind up being a pretty decent piece of bang !   The one I saw some time back used what looked like an ArmaLite  BBL. and was most likely a 1/9 twist.    
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be more interested in knowing whether they were chrome lined vs. 4150 vs. 4140.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes their A2 1:7  bbl 's are chrome lined.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
There barrels are "CMV (4150) Material - Hard Chrome Bore"

They list it here: http://www.highstandard.com/index.php/weapons-a-products/parts
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads up.  It would appear that they're at least as good as a Bushie, without the crooked FSB issue.    Might just have to put this piece on the To-Do list.    Anyone have any negatives I need to know about ?     Thanks !    
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top