Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2012 7:08:26 PM EDT
Thinking of building an A2 and saw that Gunny's Surplus has surplus FN uppers.

Anyone have any experience ordering from them?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an interaction with him and when I asked him about the part he had listed he knew nothing about it. He had no idea if it was in stock. I asked him if he could contact me when he knew and he never called me back. Other members here have dealt with him and have nothing but bad experiences. FN uppers pop up enough on EE and other sites that are more reliable.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I've dealt with him in person at a gun show and he's a good guy.  Got a surplus Colt bolt and barrel assembly from him, both in excellent to new condition.  

I called him about 3 weeks ago regarding the FN uppers and he said all he has right now is FN, but he's getting a new shipment in February so hopefully I'll find a Colt in that bunch.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#3]
My primary concerns are, does he deliver the advertised product in a reasonable amount of time and is the company trustworthy.

I don't want to get a beat up reciever missing parts, pay and not get the product at all, or have a $5,000 charge mysteriously hit my CC at a randon Wal-Mart in West Texas.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I've placed two small orders from him a year or two ago.  I had no problems and shipping was ok, however on the retro forum a number of people have had bad experiences with him.  Frankly as others have stated I think you can find what you need on the EE at the same price as going through him.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered one of those FN upper receivers and was sent an EMCO (EK) instead..had to send it back for a refund.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I ordered a complete colt A1 upper from him and he even looked through the ones he had and found a black one for me. I also ordered a grip and A1 stock as well, no problems and it shipped fast. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey! Found one on the EE after a two minute look. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 2:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Always did me right but kinda priced himself out of the game in my opinion.  I use his site to see what the high end price will be now days and shop from there.

In a crap economy his prices keep going up and up on his items he actually sells.  Nothing wrong with turning a profit but it's obvious his customer service is lacking.  Many don't mind paying a little extra for quality parts and service that gives peace of mind.

He's not the only one losing revenue because of inflated high prices and possibly inferior customer service due mostly to not hiring competent people/person.  Seems to be the new rules to the same game.  Stuff is surplus any way you cut it.

Congrats on the find,  that was easy enough and Gunnys missed the sale.  Last A-1 uppers he had were $465 and nothing special when some had them for $250.

OOW gets Gunnys price but much better to deal with in my opinion.  If he's getting parts in Feb so will the other guys.  Time for Unka Samuel to unload some surplus pieces.  Usually happens right after Shot Show annuallly..
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had both experiences. A1 upper arrived in about 2 weeks. Still waiting for my order from January of 2009. If it does not show up in 3 weeks from your order, it isn't going to.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 3:14:57 AM EDT
[#10]
He's on my banned list of vendors - I experienced the following in a purchase I made-

1. gross misrepresentation of the state of a USGI M-14 barrel
2. NO communication re: the problem, even after numerous voicemails and emails being left, over a period of 30-60 days
3. AFter enough threats, told me to return the barrel for a refund.
4. Barrel was returned, and no refund 45 days later.
5. I was forced to dispute the $$$ with my CC and it was eventually charged back to him.
6. Still no commo from him to this day.

Apparently his idea of customer service is to try and dupe buyers, ignore complaints when they come in, and then just hope no one makes their bank take the $$$ back.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top