Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2012 8:49:28 AM EDT
I have a few questions for building a M4/M16 first off I have a FFL IN MANUFACTURING AND CLASS 2 SOT so for me it's legal for L.E. demo purposes, and research and development. With that out of the way this is my first M16/M4 build, I just bought a 80% blank completed receiver, which I will machine it to accept the full auto sear for the build. Now my question is what all parts do I need to finish the build? I assume I need  M16 full auto sear, trigger group and bolt carrier. Is this correct or do I need more parts? Thanks guys for the info. Please no replies about this is illegal I am approved thru the ATF TO BUILD MG's.
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#1]
where are you in fl?
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Florida
Link Posted: 1/18/2012 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Florida

I saw that...

what part of florida?
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You need "Fun Parts" and a "Happy Hole" in your reciever.

To get more detailed than that you should post a pic of your credentials and go ask the boys in the M-16 section of the forum
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Try posting your question in the M16 forum.  It will more than likely get moved there anyway.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/23_M_16.html

Link Posted: 1/19/2012 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a few questions for building a M4/M16 first off I have a FFL IN MANUFACTURING AND CLASS 2 SOT so for me it's legal for L.E. demo purposes, and research and development. With that out of the way this is my first M16/M4 build, I just bought a 80% blank completed receiver, which I will machine it to accept the full auto sear for the build. Now my question is what all parts do I need to finish the build? I assume I need  M16 full auto sear, trigger group and bolt carrier. Is this correct or do I need more parts? Thanks guys for the info. Please no replies about this is illegal I am approved thru the ATF TO BUILD MG's.

With all do respect....you're a Class 2 SOT and your asking what parts go into an M16 for full auto?  Dude.......
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
With all do respect....you're a Class 2 SOT and your asking what parts go into an M16 for full auto?  Dude.......

I sometimes wonder if the ATF ever sends people on the gun boards to go fishing...

It's possible that hes just only worked with other platforms before but....yhea....
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#8]
With all do respect....you're a Class 2 SOT and your asking what parts go into an M16 for full auto? Dude.......

My thoughts exactly.  Call Sons of Guns for one of their piston kits too.!  Be careful!
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#9]
1st post & you want the DIY tutorial on a giggle switch?
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Make sure the barrel is parkerized under the front sight base. It is the most important step.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 5:42:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Make sure the barrel is parkerized under the front sight base. It is the most important step.

Link Posted: 1/22/2012 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#12]
So; is it just me or is this guy fishing in the wrong pond?
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#13]
So I'm learning from the OP's idiocy....AR type recievers on the civilian market are lacking some hole that they require for an ammo waste switch? I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 5:29:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So I'm learning from the OP's idiocy....AR type recievers on the civilian market are lacking some hole that they require for an ammo waste switch? I didn't know that.

Yes.  It's the hole through which the pin that holds the sear in place goes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Op, since the information you request is neither a State secret or illegal, in fact, it's posted on the ATF's website, if you dig deep enough, here it is:

Trigger
Disconnector
Hammer
Sear
Bolt Carrier

To the rest of the posters in this thread:

That is all you need.  Knowing that information is not illegal.  Nor would be telling someone the list of parts.  It would simply be illegal to take that information and attempt to build a machinegun unless properly licensed to do so.  Even if the BATFE wanted to fish for dumbasses, asking a public forum what parts constitute the necessary parts to make an M-16 wouldn't be they way they'd go about it.  In fact, being given the correct answer in an intelligent manner would actually reinforce the fact that they are doing one thing right - educating the public about what parts they can't put in their semi-auto weapons (with the exception of the bolt carrier).  Loosen the tinfoil, folks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Op, since the information you request is neither a State secret or illegal, in fact, it's posted on the ATF's website, if you dig deep enough, here it is:

Trigger
Disconnector
Hammer
Sear
Bolt Carrier

That is all you need.  Knowing that information is not illegal.  Nor would be telling someone the list of parts.  It would simply be illegal to take that information and attempt to build a machinegun unless properly licensed to do so.  Even if the BATFE wanted to fish for dumbasses, asking a public forum what parts constitute the necessary parts to make an M-16 wouldn't be they way they'd go about it.  In fact, being given the correct answer in an intelligent manner would actually reinforce the fact that they are doing one thing right - educating the public about what parts they can't put in their semi-auto weapons (with the exception of the bolt carrier).  Loosen the tinfoil, folks.

No shit.  That's the point of some of the responses.  Does't take a rocket scientist to do a quick search on the internet to find the answer.  Point is...this dude claims to be a manufacturer and they can't figure it out?  Come on!
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is all you need.  Knowing that information is not illegal.  Nor would be telling someone the list of parts.  It would simply be illegal to take that information and attempt to build a machinegun unless properly licensed to do so.  <snip>  Loosen the tinfoil, folks.

Let's cut the BS. This thread does not seem "right." Even if the OP did just get his FFL, he posted a question on the internet. That fact shows that he does in fact have access to the internet where there is a wealth of information on this very subject. Having a SOT/FFL means having access to vendors and knowledge bases us common folk do not have. This thread is equivalant to me asking a public gardening forum, "I just got my pharmacutical certification by the [whatever] National Board. What supplies do I need to grow marijuana in my lab for research?" (The point is, a guy just got a permit to do something and is asking on a public forum how to do something dealing with .gov regulations. Not wise IMO)

Case in point. I know nothing about the Uzi. A quick Google search produced this: "Semi to Full Auto UZI Class II Construction Manual - $11.99." There is even a .pdf version online. It took 20 seconds to find the info I was looking for.

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is all you need.  Knowing that information is not illegal.  Nor would be telling someone the list of parts.  It would simply be illegal to take that information and attempt to build a machinegun unless properly licensed to do so.  <snip>  Loosen the tinfoil, folks.

Let's cut the BS. This thread does not seem "right." Even if the OP did just get his FFL, he posted a question on the internet. That fact shows that he does in fact have access to the internet where there is a wealth of information on this very subject. Having a SOT/FFL means having access to vendors and knowledge bases us common folk do not have. This thread is equivalant to me asking a public gardening forum, "I just got my pharmacutical certification by the [whatever] National Board. What supplies do I need to grow marijuana in my lab for research?" (The point is, a guy just got a permit to do something and is asking on a public forum how to do something dealing with .gov regulations. Not wise IMO)

Case in point. I know nothing about the Uzi. A quick Google search produced this: "Semi to Full Auto UZI Class II Construction Manual - $11.99." There is even a .pdf version online. It took 20 seconds to find the info I was looking for.

^^^^  +1  Case in point.  That is what I should have said earlier.  Agreed!!
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top