Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 1:01:14 PM EDT
Love my Adams Arms upper 7.5 inch barreled SBR.  I would really like to tame her loud boom noise.  I know all about being careful on suppressing these.  But, what about a 7.62 suppressor?  Would that work okay?  I've just got to get it quieter some way if I can.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
A 7.62 can would work. However, most manufacturers only warranty theirs down to 10.5". Reasons behind this vary from bullet stabilization and wear on the blast baffle. Do a youtube search for AA 7.5" suppressed. Some good vids out there by NFA Review Channel.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Did that last night and that's where I got the idea of going 7.62.  Looked like they ran good and quieter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I run my AA 11.5" upper suppressed with 7.62SDN with great success. I don't run anything shorter with a suppressor as I don't want to ruin it. I have an LWRC UCIW that I am considering putting one of the devices that redirects the blast. I don't mind taking my chances with a $100 muzzle device, but not a stamped suppressor. Maybe when the HPA passes I will buy a can to play around with on my shorter rifles.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 7.5" and my Smith Enterprise Vortex flash hider does an amazing job of taming the fireball and concussive force.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't think of any of them off the top of my head but, when I researched suppressing my LWRC PSD rifle (8" barrel), there were a few companies that still offered warranty for barrels that short. I even want to say that SureFire has a can specifically for this that ends with the SB designation.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top