Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2017 7:39:53 PM EDT
I've searched the site and have not been able to tell if the Adams Arms XLP (low profile) piston gas block works with an ALG Defense EMR rail. The AA website lists handguards that definitely work, and also ones that definitely do not work, but I don't see anything mentioned about the ALG. I like the ALG mostly because it is very reasonably priced, and is durable, light and simple. I've never needed continuous picatinny rails on handguards for my use.

Any information appreciated. If some light modification of the ALG barrel nut is needed, I'm able to do that as well.

http://www.adamsarms.net/faq#qa1
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The top of my XLP block sits above my barrel .625" so 1.0" from center of bore.
radius .2125" roughly.
The rail manufacture should be able to tell you the internal specs of their rail.
Sometimes you may need to modify the barrel nut so the spring bushing sits at the proper distance from the drive rod strike face on the BC.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 2:29:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a Troy Alpha rail.....

Should work, unless they did some really crazy shit to the inside. The XLP is really similar in profile and size to the standard sized gas tube cutouts.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top