Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2017 12:21:47 AM EDT
I don't see it on their website but I was reading an article about it here
PWS Article [ETA - I realize the article was written in 2014... I'm just getting around to it.]

Curious how many other pistol piston 300 BLK makers are out there.

If anyone wen to Shot Show I'm curious if Adcor Defense has a complete 300 BLK rifle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Adams Arms makes some.  I just bought a 5.56 piston upper from there.  No problems yet, but only 1 trip to the range under my belt.

http://www.adamsarms.net/products/rifles-lowers/300blk
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Call them they just released all the mod 2 in 300 blackout
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Adams Arms makes some.  I just bought a 5.56 piston upper from there.  No problems yet, but only 1 trip to the range under my belt.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wish they made a 300 BLK upper in a length that was in the 9-10 inch range.

Quoted:
Call them they just released all the mod 2 in 300 blackout

Do you know what barrel lengths they are offering now by chance? I have tried looking at their website and whenever I get to the Mod 2 page, my browser crashes.

This thread is quite relative to my interests.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Their new website is terrible.  Cant find details on anything.  For what its worth, the original MK109 has been a great gun if and only if you keep it clean.  I shoot only suppressed subs.  It gets dirty fast and then starts to have problems cycling.  While its a fun gun its just not reliable enough for me.  I would rather use it as a bat in a home defense situation than have to depend on it to function properly.  Really ticks me off as 300blk is my favorite round to shoot.  I assume this would not be a problem if not suppressed, but that is not what I do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Black Rifle Arms makes nice 300BLK piston uppers. The ones in stock are 10". They run with M16 carriers and standard carbine spring/buffers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Their new website is terrible.  Cant find details on anything.  For what its worth, the original MK109 has been a great gun if and only if you keep it clean.  I shoot only suppressed subs.  It gets dirty fast and then starts to have problems cycling.  While its a fun gun its just not reliable enough for me.  I would rather use it as a bat in a home defense situation than have to depend on it to function properly.  Really ticks me off as 300blk is my favorite round to shoot.  I assume this would not be a problem if not suppressed, but that is not what I do.
View Quote

Yeah, the article in the first post goes into the problems. I was surprised how dirt it got... and not just carbon. The piston had some serious copper build-up.

I was wondering if they discontinued it because of all the problems.
I guess they redesignated it... so I'm wondering if they fixed the problems the 109 had or just rebranded the same turd.

I like the idea of the long-stroke piston, I just wonder if it's not good for that application, not good suppressed, or if their execution of it had too many flaw to work properly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, the article in the first post goes into the problems. I was surprised how dirt it got... and not just carbon. The piston had some serious copper build-up.

I was wondering if they discontinued it because of all the problems.
I guess they redesignated it... so I'm wondering if they fixed the problems the 109 had or just rebranded the same turd.

I like the idea of the long-stroke piston, I just wonder if it's not good for that application, not good suppressed, or if their execution of it had too many flaw to work properly.
View Quote

Funny you mention the copper build up.  I called them and asked what the deal with that was.  Specifically I had a ton of copper build up on my piston.  I searched this forum and found a copper solvent to use.  That removed all the copper.  PWS told me to use a solvent as well.  They said that it was normal during barrel break in.  They said that since I am shooting subs, my break in would take longer than if using supers.  He suggested going through a bunch of supers to break in the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#8]
The copper is from the bullet being shaved inside the barrel from the burs on the gas port.  The gas pushes the copper residue inside the gas block and it attaches itself to the piston and gas plug.    The burrs get cut down eventually it just depends on how tall they were and what's your barrel lined with chrome,nitride or just bare stainless of chrommoly.     The manufacture I used to work at had a sub moa guarantee. I had to lap out the chips on nitride barrels ....LOL was not fun and very time consuming....
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The copper is from the bullet being shaved inside the barrel from the burs on the gas port.  The gas pushes the copper residue inside the gas block and it attaches itself to the piston and gas plug.    The burrs get cut down eventually it just depends on how tall they were and what's your barrel lined with chrome,nitride or just bare stainless of chrommoly.     The manufacture I used to work at had a sub moa guarantee. I had to lap out the chips on nitride barrels ....LOL was not fun and very time consuming....
View Quote

So where does it go in a DI system?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:13:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I was actually asking PWS about MK109 at SHOT. It is discontinued in favor of new 11" model.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top