Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Yup, love mine!!!
View Quote

I remember you posting about picking it up, couple years ago, 116 if I recall (not a stalker just a slow sub forum, not a ton of PWS talk, heheh).

OP, FDE pics!

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I remember you posting about picking it up, couple years ago, 116 if I recall (not a stalker just a slow sub forum, not a ton of PWS talk, heheh).

OP, FDE pics!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup, love mine!!!

OP, FDE pics!

Yes, MK116, It is a sweet shooter. I know, it seems there would be more people talking about PWS but maybe it's the price that has been holding back sales.
It is the most expensive AR that I have purchased but I do not regret spending the money. I don't spend a great deal of time shooting but I can tell you it handles very well. I have a shoulder problem so my next will be something very lightweight. I don't roll my own and have been looking at 2A which is 5 lbs.and the Barrett REC7 Gen Flyweight which if I recall correctly is around 5.5 lbs. Have to put a new roof on the house first then I can make another purchase.
Were it not for the shoulder problem I would buy another PWS. Also on my short list is the is LWRC 6.8 SPR. After that I will be finished buying ARs for a while.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree. Love my Pws. All I hear about is Daniel Defense. Had one and sold it. It was a good shooter, until the reciever cracked.

I guess it's cause Pws doesn't hardly advertise in magazines. Lots of people don't know about them. They are missing out
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, MK116, It is a sweet shooter. I know, it seems there would be more people talking about PWS but maybe it's the price that has been holding back sales.
It is the most expensive AR that I have purchased but I do not regret spending the money. I don't spend a great deal of time shooting but I can tell you it handles very well. I have a shoulder problem so my next will be something very lightweight. I don't roll my own and have been looking at 2A which is 5 lbs.and the Barrett REC7 Gen Flyweight which if I recall correctly is around 5.5 lbs. Have to put a new roof on the house first then I can make another purchase.
Were it not for the shoulder problem I would buy another PWS. Also on my short list is the is LWRC 6.8 SPR. After that I will be finished buying ARs for a while.
View Quote

I get it being a tougher buy but I do wish there was at least more talk.  The amount of people who don’t know they exist always surprises me.  But if they marketed more to generate chatter we’d end up paying for it anyway.  So they win customers, who then become free spokesmen.  

I think that was you I linked to the Flyweight weight a ways back.  I tried to find some feedback in the Barrett sub but crickets.  General overall search was crickets too.  Some nice deals on the Six8 SPR at CDNN a few months ago.  Fond of that one myself too. Hope that shoulder works out.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I get it being a tougher buy but I do wish there was at least more talk.  The amount of people who don’t know they exist always surprises me.  But if they marketed more to generate chatter we’d end up paying for it anyway.  So they win customers, who then become free spokesmen.  

I think that was you I linked to the Flyweight weight a ways back.  I tried to find some feedback in the Barrett sub but crickets.  General overall search was crickets too.  Some nice deals on the Six8 SPR at CDNN a few months ago.  Fond of that one myself too. Hope that shoulder works out.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tore a rotator cuff in my right shoulder 16 months ago. The Doctor said I could avoid surgery but the recovery has been oh so slow. I can not do any type of manual labor that a normal person can do until this thing completely heals. I almost wish now I had opted for the surgery.
I saw the Six8 deals at CDNN months back but having to save for the roof replacement for now.  

It is a bit of a mystery at to why there is basically no information from owners about the  Barrett Flyweight. I think it has been out long enough that there should be at least minimal feedback on it but I find nothing.
Oh well, it will be a little before I can make the purchase unless I close a really big sale ( I am a Realtor) in the near future. Have a few good possibilities but I never count my chickens before the eggs hatch
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there a PWS discussion thread? I'm guessing there is and I've overlooked it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Nope, unfortunately you didn't miss it.  There's no one single, dedicated, ongoing thread or industry sub forum.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#8]
First off the Sig 516 series of ARs are excellent, high quality firearms and the Carbon Fiber TS is one of their best. I went into my LGS to look at the new Sig MCX and saw the Carbon Fiber 516 next to it. After examining both rifles I bought the Carbon Fiber TS. The rifle is awesome, first off it feels great in hand and the CF hand guard stays cool even after mag dumps. True the HG has to be removed to access the piston for cleaning but it's very easy to do so. The 516 comes from the factory with a Geissele SSA trigger which is a two stage set up. The flip up sights are also very high quality and easy to use. I initially sighted the 516 in at 100 yards using the iron sights with Federal LC 55 gun ball. Next I mounted a Leupold VXR 1X4 Firedog scope on a Rock River mount that just clears the rear sight. The rifle is a 1 MOA gun and comes set up with everything I needed except the optic right out of the box. I've owned around a dozen ARs in my lifetime and consider this 516 the best one yet. I have never owned a PWS AR but from what I've read about them they too are really good rifles.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
First off the Sig 516 series of ARs are excellent, high quality firearms and the Carbon Fiber TS is one of their best. I went into my LGS to look at the new Sig MCX and saw the Carbon Fiber 516 next to it. After examining both rifles I bought the Carbon Fiber TS. The rifle is awesome, first off it feels great in hand and the CF hand guard stays cool even after mag dumps. True the HG has to be removed to access the piston for cleaning but it's very easy to do so. The 516 comes from the factory with a Geissele SSA trigger which is a two stage set up. The flip up sights are also very high quality and easy to use. I initially sighted the 516 in at 100 yards using the iron sights with Federal LC 55 gun ball. Next I mounted a Leupold VXR 1X4 Firedog scope on a Rock River mount that just clears the rear sight. The rifle is a 1 MOA gun and comes set up with everything I needed except the optic right out of the box. I've owned around a dozen ARs in my lifetime and consider this 516 the best one yet. I have never owned a PWS AR but from what I've read about them they too are really good rifles.
View Quote

You are right. I have considered the MCX primarily for its' light weight of 6 lbs. My next AR will be a lightweight.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:19:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nope, unfortunately you didn't miss it.  There's no one single, dedicated, ongoing thread or industry sub forum.
View Quote

I noticed that too, not sure why. There definitely should be a PWS sub.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for the delay I've been busy lately but here are some pics I said I'd post.

hopefully this works.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Good looking stick.  You going to leave the comp on there?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 1:27:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good looking stick.  You going to leave the comp on there?
View Quote

Why do you ask? Actually funny you do ask because I have been thinking of switching it out for something a bit quieter....that sounds weird considering I wear ear plugs anyway. However those around me don't find it enjoyable to shoot with me because of the noise so I thought about throwing a flash suppressor of some sort on it, not sure.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Just curious is all, some really like them.  The extra concussion/flash is manageable but it's just not my first choice.

They're effective for specific applications but outside of that I just prefer a FH.  

That's another reason I prefer the MOD 1.  It's plenty light enough IMHO and I find having a little extra weight helps follow ups when you take the comp off.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Do any of you guys have experience shooting a mod 2 suppressed? If so how well does it work? How does the gas system take down for cleaning? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Please explain, in detail, exactly what is wrong with their hand guards.

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, one of these days Sig will design a low profile has block and figure out how to make handgaurds. Till then, Pws all the way !

Please explain, in detail, exactly what is wrong with their hand guards.

Thanks.

The 516 handguard also attaches by proprietary barrel nut/mount. You can't easily swap out the handguard for something else.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top