User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a link to my post of description of my problems with my brand new aasf308. Very similar to all described here in this post. My problem is that I'm in CA, and after 1 Jan, scary black rifles will no longer be allowed to be bought. So, if AA doesn't sort mine out properly the first time around, or they find a whole new replacement rifle is needed, I may be properly screwed. Awesome.
Cody, if you're reading this, I've been in contact with Mr. Dawson, and I'm hoping my rifle is completely gone through and returned in excellent, working condition, and meeting your sub MOA guarantee with good ammunition. I shipped it back to you on Mon, 12 Sept.
More to follow as repairs are completed, and it is returned to me. I'm disappointed that the turn around on brand new, returned for repair rifles is so long.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/701861_Adams_Arms_Small_Frame_308_defective__returned_for_repairs__AASF_308__Anyone_else_.html
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is my experience with the AA .308:

Just picked mine up yesterday (10.06.2016). Cleaned it fully prior to the first round going in. Dropped a single round in the chamber to make sure that it wasn't too tight (like reported on other posts) and all seemed good to go. Began shooting M-80 battle pack ammo to help break it in. After 40 rounds, all was going well...bolt locking to the rear on empty mags, etc (only running 10 rounds per mag). Until on round 48, failure to extract...ripped the edge of the case head off and couldn't get case out with a 5.56 cleaning rod. Well, that ended the range day. Once at the house, a wooden dowel tap and out it came. A full cleaning again and awaiting the next range day to keep on breaking it in before letting it digest the Federal GMM. Keeping fingers crossed that with more break in all will be good. The only negative I will give it right away is the BHO when loaded mag is inserted. I had to use the charging handle to release the bolt as the BHO wasn't real smooth across the lower face of the bolt and didn't want to release. After the 2nd full cleaning, I began locking the bolt to the rear and making the BHO release the bolt. After about 20-30 times, it began smoothing out and releasing. Hopefully these few hiccups will go away with time, oil, elbow grease and wear.

With my Sig 716, it had hiccups when new as well...had to eat a few hundred rounds before it settled in and didn't give me anymore problems...
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
This is an update to my previous posts.

I sent my rifle in for the second time the first week of September and got it back this past Friday. AA sent me an email stating they built me a whole new upper and test fired 80 rounds with zero cycling issues. I took it to the range on Saturday and had no issues with it. I fired 5 to 10 rounds each of Aguila, Perfecta, Magtech, and three different lots of American Eagle. I chose these types of ammo because if the gun won't run cheap NATO spec and similar type ammo, it's of no use to me. All types cycled with no more short stroking, no more blown or cratered primers, no more gouged case heads, and all types had last round hold open on all types of magazines I used (Gen 1 20 round Magpul, Gen M3 25 round Magpul, and a 20 round Lancer).

The bottom part of the bolt is scalloped down flush with the ejector. I asked AA about this and was told "this is our current design. It aids in the feeding of cartridges into the chamber, so it will not ride over the top of them".

The rifle appears to be in good working order and AA's customer service was top notch through the whole thing.

Below is a photo of the new bolt.

Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I am having the same problem sent back to AA received back after 6 weeks still defective. My LGS 2A here in Tulsa have it now they are going to try to diagnose the problem.
I wish I could get my money back and purchase a different Gun this is very disappointing. You would thing the Manufacturer would test it before sending its back.
My last test was with several different loads al store bought ammo all had FTE problems. so far I have about 200 rounds through it. Clean and lubricate try again.
So I believe this is not a break in problem either.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top