Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2016 12:09:05 AM EDT
I'm debating on getting a pws 308 or a scar 17. What are the pros and cons and post up any pics of your pws 308 rifles.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello, new here to the Forums. I just bought one and I don't have it dressed out yet.

I am very impressed. Very nice fit and finish. It is light. Adjustable gas block for my Saker 762. Got mine for under $2000 and I don't think you can get a better rifle for the money. Sig, DD are selling for more and Ruger almost as much. I'd take Pws over those any day !
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I also passed on a SCAR17. I wanted one for like a year, then saw what I could do with a PWS MK2 and POF P308 for a LOT less money than a SCAR17. I have a PWS MK220. It's barely broken in because I have more toys than time, but it easily and repeatedly groups 1.5" with surplus M80 ball ammo. It probably groups better but I'm not used to precision shooting yet.

Another neat thing about PWS, when I email them with questions, I get a reply from Derek, their head of engineering, not "customer service". I've chatted with him a number of times via email and those guys really do build rifles one at a time. You're buying a custom rifle with PWS. Oh, and it'll shoot sub MOA for 20,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer weapon systems that share common controls with the AR platform because of my muscle memory in manipulating them.
PWS makes a great product, I'm happy with mine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sa5fwuozs5se53j/PWS.JPG?dl=0
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top