Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2015 8:35:00 PM EDT
I've been looking at different options for a piston system for a 10.5 barrel SBR.

I recently ran across Osprey's website, but it said for barrels 11.5 and longer. Has anyone used an Osprey system with a 10.5?

Other option is paying bigger bucks for a 10.5 Sig 516 upper.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]
The AA XLP works fine.  I run one on my 10.5 Blackout and it cycles everything.  Trick is the lightened carrier to handle reduced powder charges and reduced dwell times.  That's likely the reason for the 11.5" requirement is the dwell time.  Not an issue with the AA.  I like that you can use any gas block you like with the Osprey, but the AA is low-profile as well as adjustable.  Love mine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Osprey recommends not using an adjustable gas block with their system...per their website.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Look into Syrac's piston kit.   They make one for the AR pistols.

http://www.syracordnance.com/collections/all/retrofit-piston-kits
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Osprey recommends not using an adjustable gas block with their system...per their website.
View Quote

I don't care for the adjustable gas systems. I watched my son turn in some low scores on a three gun match cause his choked on him cause it wasn't adjusted right. After that, he went to a non adjustable block.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top