Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2015 8:48:37 PM EDT
hey guys just now figuring out how to post pics so I figured id show off the new rifle. I got really lucky in how much I have into this rifle. Made some trades and Im pretty sure im gonna hold onto this rifle. Any how, less talk more pics. I got a cheap phone so pics aren't great so bear with me.

I emailed PWS yesterday and the following info was provided to me. since I got this off a trade, I had to research what I got.

Rifle was built and sold as a complete mk116 mod0. the numbers I provided match their database, so its still as assembled.
the build date was 8/23/2010
chambered in .223 wylde
BCM gunfighter CH
Stag arms trigger group
FSC556 compensator
proprietary PWS barrel, trunion, gas block, rails, bolt, and BCG.
This rifle does not have an adjustable gas block so recoil adjustments for suppressor need to be made to buffer spring and weight if desired.

im already impressed with their customer service. I look forward to loving this rifle a long time. I plan on buying an extra bolt or two so my kids and their kids can also enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice pick up, how much did you get her for?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#2]
You ready for this????

Are you sure???

Wait for it..........................

I traded a wasr for it........... No shit
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a steal!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Should be fun. We don't see too many Mod0's around anymore .. or at least I don't.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I never heard of pws at all u till I got the trade offer. After some research, I couldn't jump fast enough.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#6]
You just had to top me (and everyone else)

Good for you.

I have a MK114 Mod 1 and I love it. It is my GTG gun but while lighter and even better balanced than the Mod 0 the Mod 0 in most cases is every bit as a good a gun.
If you are not running a suppressor or carrying it around for a long time there is no practical difference.
Except the price

I have bought a couple Mod 0 recently on GB a MK114 for $1K shipped and a MK116 for $951 shipped (On its way now)
Both low round count with the MK116 like new

I have 20K rounds through my first MK114 Mod 0 so wanted a new trainer (Although it still shoots groups as good as the first ones) but right now all AR15s are down in price so like with 223/5.56 ammo and Pmags, buy'em cheap and stack'em deep
Kommt bald Der Hildabeast

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Wulfmann

I paid nearly twice that several months ago for my new MK116. You got a really sweet deal, congratulations!! I bet the guy who sold it to you will one day wish he had kept it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wulfmann

I paid nearly twice that several months ago for my new MK116. You got a really sweet deal, congratulations!! I bet the guy who sold it to you will one day wish he had kept it.
View Quote

I am assuming you bought the newer Mod 1 which is why you paid more and that is about right.
There is a MK114 Mod1 on GB with a $1395.00 starting bid used, very low round count so delivered at 1500 is not bad.

They Mod0 MK116 came in and I picked it up yesterday and it is very nice. The MK114 I just got mentioned above has more use and interestingly with SN 184X has older stuff like the original FSC556 brake while the MK116 SN 196X has the newer brake that accepts a suppressor and seems to have a lower round count by physical wear.
I mention that because the builds are less than 80 apart and apparently there was an update in parts somewhere in between when these two were built.

I switch out the triggers to Geissele two stage on all PWS I own so before I have fired the new MK116 I put the new trigger in.

Now is the time to get that extra AR, more ammo and a bunch of mags because if you think the antis have given up you are brain dead
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am assuming you bought the newer Mod 1 which is why you paid more and that is about right.
There is a MK114 Mod1 on GB with a $1395.00 starting bid used, very low round count so delivered at 1500 is not bad.

They Mod0 MK116 came in and I picked it up yesterday and it is very nice. The MK114 I just got mentioned above has more use and interestingly with SN 184X has older stuff like the original FSC556 brake while the MK116 SN 196X has the newer brake that accepts a suppressor and seems to have a lower round count by physical wear.
I mention that because the builds are less than 80 apart and apparently there was an update in parts somewhere in between when these two were built.

I switch out the triggers to Geissele two stage on all PWS I own so before I have fired the new MK116 I put the new trigger in.

Now is the time to get that extra AR, more ammo and a bunch of mags because if you think the antis have given up you are brain dead
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wulfmann

Yes, it was a mod 1. I think it was $1700 with tax at LGS.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top