Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2014 11:37:39 AM EDT
Are you a little bummed not being able to mount a BUIS on the gas block?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah.  so I just run a variable optic.

fatkid
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually you can, as long as they aren't PLASTIC. Troy and several other companies make ones of aluminum or steel that will work just fine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Actually you can, as long as they aren't PLASTIC. Troy and several other companies make ones of aluminum or steel that will work just fine.
View Quote

You are talking about the standard AA gas piston block with the rails on top.

What the thread is talking about is the new "slim" piston block that has no rail on top.

Also OP, I decided against the "slim" block since I'm mostly an "irons" kinda guy.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]
personally i kinda hate having the railed gas block. it means to remove the samson free float tube i need to remove the railed gas block. with a clamp on quad rail it isn't an issue.but i think i'd rather have the low profile piston and run a full rail right to the edge of the piston kit, instead of an extended cut out rail.  and then of course have the low profile piston under the tube as well, and run a full length tube to the end of the piston as well, again instead of the extended cut out rail.

then you could just mount your sights to the end of the rail. another thing is flashlights, not sure i'd want to mount one on the gas block, but i'd want it as far forward as possible, and it would need to be ahead of the sight, which means to have a half decent sight radius, i'd need to have it on the gas block. which is probably a no go.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The purpose of the XLP is to fit under most some handguards.  If you want to mount a BUIS use a longer handguard that is compatible with their system or use the railed gas block.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:34:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The purpose of the XLP is to fit under most some handguards.  If you want to mount a BUIS use a longer handguard that is compatible with their system or use the railed gas block.
View Quote

If you read this thread, apparently many people are having issues with the new design and its use with many different types of handguards.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:54:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you read this thread, apparently many people are having issues with the new design and its use with many different types of handguards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why I used the strike through on the word "most" ...
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top