Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2014 6:52:21 PM EDT
Greetings,

I debated posting this in the pistol section, but feel I would get better traffic / diagnosis here.

Specifics:

Sig P516 7.5 inch barrel. Stock buffer spring.
    Cleaned / lubricated
    Ammo - Xm193 or PMC Bronze
    Mags - occurs with Lancers and Pmags
    Issue - After about 5 rounds of a full mag, the bolt will fully cycle, reset hammer and trigger, but does not cycle a new round into the magazine.
    Gas settings - Set on position 1

Any thoughts or things I should consider? Going to try Gas position 2 adverse next.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure the gas valve setting is set @ the 12 o'clock position and not the suppressor position. What weight buffer are you using?

Quoted:
Greetings,

I debated posting this in the pistol section, but feel I would get better traffic / diagnosis here.

Specifics:

Sig P516 7.5 inch barrel. Stock buffer spring.
    Cleaned / lubricated
    Ammo - Xm193 or PMC Bronze
    Mags - occurs with Lancers and Pmags
    Issue - After about 5 rounds of a full mag, the bolt will fully cycle, reset hammer and trigger, but does not cycle a new round into the magazine.
    Gas settings - Set on position 1

Any thoughts or things I should consider? Going to try Gas position 2 adverse next.

Thanks!

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the response. H2 Buffer (factory) and Gas Setting was in position 1 (12 o'clock)
It seemed to cycle the bolt ok, just didn't pick up a new round from the magazine.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for the response. H2 Buffer (factory) and Gas Setting was in position 1 (12 o'clock)
It seemed to cycle the bolt ok, just didn't pick up a new round from the magazine.
View Quote

Will the bolt lock back after shooting the last round? Try loading one round at a time to see if it consistently locks back on an empty mag. I'm wondering if the bolt carrier is coming back far enough. You shouldn't need to go to the adverse gas setting. Although an H2 weight buffer should be perfectly fine (I use an H3 with heavy buffer spring), you could also try a lighter H buffer.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Will the bolt lock back after shooting the last round? Try loading one round at a time to see if it consistently locks back on an empty mag. I'm wondering if the bolt carrier is coming back far enough. You shouldn't need to go to the adverse gas setting. Although an H2 weight buffer should be perfectly fine (I use an H3 with heavy buffer spring), you could also try a lighter H buffer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, the bolt does lock back on an empty magazine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:52:55 AM EDT
[#5]
How many rounds total through the upper.

My sons 516 was a little tight for the first few mags, after 200 rounds , we cleaned the piston system, and have had 2000 flawless rounds since.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi Folks - I removed the Law Tactical Side folder and the issue appears to be gone. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hi Folks - I removed the Law Tactical Side folder and the issue appears to be gone. Thanks
View Quote

Well crap. You never said you had THAT installed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry about that. I've not read or heard of any issues like that with a side folder on, so I ruled it out. I couldn't recall if it occurred before I installed it or not. I actually though the issue predated it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry about that. I've not read or heard of any issues like that with a side folder on, so I ruled it out. I couldn't recall if it occurred before I installed it or not. I actually though the issue predated it.
View Quote

Shoot a few hundred rounds (trouble free) and then reinstall the side folder and see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, that is my plan. I already put 120 trouble free rounds minus the side folder.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top