Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2014 4:27:18 PM EDT
My rifle is not cycle with AA piston system. I can't solve the problem.
I am using MFS, TulAmmo, and Fiocchi ammo brands with C-Product mags.

I have used laser bore sight to align gas block during the installation process.

Below is the listing my hardware.

Carbine length heavy contour 7.62x39 barrel.
Bushmaster 7.62x39 bolt assembly
Troy Tritium folded sights
Midwestern Industry MCTAR-17G2 handguard
Spike charging handle and upper receiver
80% machined lower receiver
Wolff extra power buffer spring
H2 buffer
Rock River Arms Mil-spec stock assembly

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127575587@N08/15695787089/

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Just the opposition, the bolt barrier slam so hard. I can't put the charging handle back.
Might need an H3 buffer, this is my new staring point.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I had tried low mass bolt barrier and light weight buffer, same result. Bolt action AR.
Bolt carrier slammed hard, I can't pull back the charging handle.

Validated for headspace and alignment of gas lock. Reamed and removed burrs from gas port.
Everything looks good.

I am running out of solutions here, please help.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bolt carrier slammed hard, I can't pull back the charging handle.
View Quote

Do you mean that when you chamber a round, you have difficulty pulling the charging handle back?

When the carrier springs forward to chamber a round, it's OK if there is a slight amount of additional resistance as the bolt unlocks, but it shouldn't be difficult to pull the charging handle. If that is the case, you either have headspace problems (if you checked with known good gauges, it could still be out-of-spec/too-long ammo), or the bolt is binding in the carrier for some reason.

Did you install the spring that goes on the tail of the bolt? Unlocking the bolt will be harder if it is missing.

Are the gas rings still installed on the bolt? If so, remove them. They are not needed in a piston configuration.

Also, verify that the top of the charging handle is not rubbing/binding on the inside of the upper receiver.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]
After the round is fired, I didn't the rejection of the casing.
The bolt slam hard and I can't pull the charging handle back.

I use factories ammo (Bear, Winchester, Tula, Fiocci).

I have use PTG GO and NO GO gages to validate the headspace and don't these gages are common use.

I have done everything you had mention, before the installation AA piston kit.

Unless, I got POS barrel that has a bad barrel extension.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#6]
If the fired case isn't ejecting and you can't pull the charging handle back after firing a round, you most likely have a bad barrel. If headspacing is good, the chamber is out-of-spec somehow. It may have burrs or something.

It doesn't sound like an Adams Arms problem, but a barrel problem.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:37:12 AM EDT
[#7]
100% agree.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I am having some issues with my AA piston kit too.
It seems to fire and function fine but about half the time I cycle it manually it sticks really bad.
I double checked the head spacing and everything checked out so I checked out their bolt carrier group.
When I pushed in the bolt to the closed position it feels smooth enough but it didn't look like it would go all the way back.
I then smacked the bolt with my hand (not real hard) and then it sticks in the locked position and it was really hard to pull it back forward again.
I disassembled it and you can see two flats worn into the cam pin on both sides so I measured a new cam pin and measured the back of the cam slot and was 0.010" smaller than the cam pin.
So it is getting wedged in the back section of the cam slot.
I emailed Adams about it but haven't heard back yet. (That was yesterday)

I wonder if you have the same issue.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]
That's easy enough to check. If the bolt carrier sticks in the forward position even when there is no round in the chamber, then it's possible the OP has the same problem as you.

If the sticking only happens after a round is fired, it's a barrel problem.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Look to the buffer area, it should operate like butter.  I ran a plastic lower, and it held it just tight enough not to want to cycle.  Once I  loosened it up it was 100%  The 80% lower may not be quite right, can you run it on another upper to verify.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:07:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Badger,

Keep on contact AA, they'll answer you.

I emailed them on last Monday and got a reply on yesterday (Thursday).

I am going send my upper assembly in and they will take a look at it.

Best of luck.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Send my rifle to AA trouble shoot the cyclic problem.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top