Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2014 11:29:52 AM EDT
What type of reliability have you guys had with the PWS MK107 in 7.62x39?  I know how FANTASTIC a company PWS is but want to hear accounts of this offering.

Best,
SK
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Should run just fine. My 5.56 Mk107 has been flawless.
Biggest LimFac will be the magazines.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I wanted one real bad just the other day but I had some concerns about them also. Not worried about the company at all but the mag situation is another story. From what i have read, getting good mags is of upmost importance. If u get good mags, u should not have problems.  Finding good mags is what i have to work on. I don' want to put a lot into mags that don' work.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wanted one real bad just the other day but I had some concerns about them also. Not worried about the company at all but the mag situation is another story. From what i have read, getting good mags is of upmost importance. If u get good mags, u should not have problems.  Finding good mags is what i have to work on. I don' want to put a lot into mags that don' work.
View Quote

The CProducts Magazines seem to be GTG now.  Haven't heard anyone complaining about the currently shipping models they offer.  www.lcjwholesalestore.com is where you can obtain them.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#4]
My dad has one of the PWS 16inch uppers in 7.62x39 and hasn't had any issues using C Product Defense mags with it.  His upper did have the extractor break and wedge the BCG in place after his second time out shooting it.  Took it to a local armorer that is set up to do PWS service work and they got it fixed up pretty quick.  This was a new upper purchased within the last few months.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a 7.5" upper and it runs great with my AAC 762 can. I too bought my mags from lcj
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi,

PWS switched from ASC to CPD Inc. magazines for all their current production.  I do know that CPD Inc is working on a new generation of 7.62x39 magazines with even better reliability.  I've shot a prototype of the New CPD Inc 20 round 7.62x39 magazine and it's the same size as the Magpul Gen 3 20 rd. 5.56 magazine.

Best Regards:
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both the 223 Wylde Diablo upper along with the newer x39 Diablo upper.  The 223 Wylde has never missed a beat.  The first time I went out with the x39, the extractor broke, which PWS immediately fixed with a beefier extractor.  After 250-350 more rounds, I have had no problems except with my 5 round CPD magazine.  Every second or third round fails to feed every time.  I think it's a spring pressure issue.  The 30 round CPD MAGS all work (6 of them) with no problems.  The x39 Diablo has became my favorite all around gun for riding, hunting, etc.  With a Leupold 1-4, the rifle is almost as accurate as my Larue at 100 yards.  Almost.  You can't beat the customer service at PWS either.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 3:23:16 AM EDT
[#8]
would be nice to use that new cmmg mk-47 as a lower on the pws upper
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
would be nice to use that new cmmg mk-47 as a lower on the pws upper
View Quote

It might not work, CMMG upped the size on the Mk-47 so the PWS upper may not mate with the Mk-47 lower.
The new CPD Inc 28 round magazines are about 5-6 oz lighter and smaller than steel AK magazines too.  That weight
difference gets significant when carrying more than a couple of magazines.  The new magazines should be out in
a few months from CPD.

Regards:
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Received my PWS 7.62x39 upper this past week; ordered 8 new CProducts Defense 28 round mags and received them this week as well. Just came back from the range; 240 rounds of 123grn Wolf 7.62x39 without a single hiccup. Ran like a sewing machine.

Extremely pleased!
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top