Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2014 12:44:30 AM EDT
Hey guys, I may be behind the times here but picked up a brand new gsr 35 gen 2 for my 16" colt upper.  

I installed it and my question is it says when the bcg is locked forward you should be able to move the piston cap so there is a gap the width of a dime if I read it correctly?

Well on mine I got about the thickness of a couple pieces of paper.  Not much play but it's not forced against the op rod.  Well this be ok?  And btw I have it mounted with a magpul moe hand guard and there is ample room for it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one several years ago. IIRC, the instructions said the thickness of a business card. I don't recall a dime!?! Regardless, I suspect you're fine based on the gaps of several other piston driven firearms.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  It seems more reasonable to not have a lot of play as long as it's not slamming back into it when it returns to battery.  Also the instructions that were sent were for the gxr but I have the gsr.  
Thanks again
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Just as long as the op rod / piston socket has some movement when the carrier is firmly against the barrel extension when the bolt is locked then you should be OK.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top