Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2014 10:13:23 PM EDT
Had some double feed problems today at the range with my Sig 516. I was using 3 30 and 2 20rd Pmags and Federal brown box 193 55gr. It was 2 live rounds but the first was all the way in the chamber and the second jammed up behind it.  The Pmags are pretty new, about 300 rds through them.  I had only 20 rds of 77gr with me and those went off fine.  I am aware that 2 rds trying to enter the chamber at once is good chance its a bad mag but I have never seen it where the first round is all the way in the chamber. I am positive they are both live rounds. Can short stroking or over/under gassing cause a jam like this? Any Ideas?

Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 1:23:28 AM EDT
[#1]
it sounds like a mag problem.  is it only accuring with a certain mag or is it happening with all your mags? more info will help in getting a better idea of the problem.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#2]
It did it with all 3 of the 30rd and all 2 of the 20rd Pmags I brought with me that day. I would do it every 10-15 rds. I have some old USGI colt mags from the AWB days I can try.

The rifle and mags work fine on the normal gas setting with any ammo. (PMC x-tac 55 abd 62, Fed 55 and 62, Hornady 223 vmax, 77gr SSA). I put my suppressor on, switch to suppressor setting and It was short stroking with PMC x-tac. So next weekend I used Fed XM193 brown box and it did not short stroke like with the PMC but thats when it started doing the double feed thing.  I was going to try fed 62gr but I am hoping I can make it work with the fed xm193 since my stock pile is that ammo.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top