BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 2:21:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Will there be a 308 piston conversion kit for us DPMS AR10 guys?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:46:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I excited to see the pistols and shotguns you guys are planning to come out with.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:05:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I for one have been bugging you for a gas piston system for my 308.

The lower profile gas block is nice but once a gun is built around the bigger gas block not a lot of reason to buy the XLP since it isn't that much lighter and you already are working around the size issue. Now if it was infinitely adjustable so that you could use lighter buffers and BCGs that might be worth the cost of up grade.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:05:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will there be a 308 piston conversion kit for us DPMS AR10 guys?
View Quote

Sounds like it.

Where do I sign up?! :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:08:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Is this the same .308 conversion kit that you guys were promising back in... what was that?  2010 or 2011 at SHOT Show?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:18:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The lower profile gas block is nice but once a gun is built around the bigger gas block not a lot of reason to buy the XLP since it isn't that much lighter and you already are working around the size issue. Now if it was infinitely adjustable so that you could use lighter buffers and BCGs that might be worth the cost of up grade.
View Quote

The XLP works nicely for people like me though. I already had a $200 rail that would not work with the original gas block. Being able to sell someone a conversion kit without adding several hundred more for a new rail gets them business. Smart for them to do it.

.308 gas piston conversion would be awesome though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:40:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#8]
All sounds good to me, nothing bad in that post!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry we cannot share more info at this time. We will be posting several more major announcements in the coming weeks. However I'm not seeing any mention of .308 conversion kits in our previous post? So I'm not quite sure what you're asking about?
View Quote

So just a dedicated .308 rifle?

You had one at SHOT 2010 or 2011 and were there was talk of a conversion kit.  It got delayed several times and finally just went away.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The XLP works nicely for people like me though. I already had a $200 rail that would not work with the original gas block. Being able to sell someone a conversion kit without adding several hundred more for a new rail gets them business. Smart for them to do it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely right I would have bought the XLP version if it had been available would have saved me from hhaving to put a hole my Seekins rail. But once the hole is there what is the advantage? Not much for me but very wise on their part to trim up the gas block.

No piston kit for 308? I was told at least twice in emails that you were coming out with one that is the news I want to hear. I am NOT buying any complete rifles or uppers I like the ones I put together just fine.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Okay, so no news or talk of a 308 kit. I guess we should try back in 5+ years.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:36:08 AM EDT
[#12]
WHAT?  Still no .308 piston coversion kit?  Bigger rod, beefier piston and setup.  I had a Saiga .308 that I converted back to the original AK style, and it shot great!  Had a piston system as well.

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top