Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Gen 2
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Although I don't own a sig a/r platform, i did learn a lot in this bread because of the good information. I wish you luck in getting the rifle fixed. Don't let this one bad experience change your mind on sig quality.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 3:57:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I am a Gen 1 Sig owner. If I could do it all over, I would not invest 1400 dollars into Sig. The fact that Sig designed the weapon to not accept other rail systems and now the this sudden change in gas blocks has turned me off to the company. The 516 is a great rifle, but its extremely front heavy and out of balance. There is nothing you can do to fix it and Sig seemingly doesn't care to help either.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am a Gen 1 Sig owner. If I could do it all over, I would not invest 1400 dollars into Sig. The fact that Sig designed the weapon to not accept other rail systems and now the this sudden change in gas blocks has turned me off to the company. The 516 is a great rifle, but its extremely front heavy and out of balance. There is nothing you can do to fix it and Sig seemingly doesn't care to help either.

The HK416 and the Ruger SR556 (just to name a few) also do not accept other rail systems. These are proprietary parts because there is no milspec as of yet for gas piston systems.

The gas block was redesigned due to the complaints by customers that the gas system was difficult to remove because the threads in the gas block were getting fouled. SIG also wanted the 516 to have the same gas system as their 716 so they wouldn't have to manufacturer two separate designs.

If you think the SIG516 is front heavy try picking up the Ruger SR556. The HK416 (MR556) is even worse as it weighs about 9 lbs out of the box with NOTHING on it. It's the nature of the beast when it comes to piston ARs. If you want a light, well balanced piston driven rifle take a look at the FN SCAR 16S.

My SIG516 has been amazing and I wouldn't dream of getting rid of it. I also have a 516 10" CQB upper on order.
Link Posted: 10/12/2012 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/13/2012 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I would be interested if SIG gets Troy to create an extended rail that extends over the gas block (just like the 516 7.5" upper) or a quad rail extension similar to one that PWS makes for the SCAR. How do we start a demand for this?
Link Posted: 10/13/2012 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Samson Manufacturing might be a good one to contact.

Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be interested if SIG gets Troy to create an extended rail that extends over the gas block (just like the 516 7.5" upper) or a quad rail extension similar to one that PWS makes for the SCAR. How do we start a demand for this?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top