Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2009 1:47:58 PM EDT
In my quest to find out how many forearms I can use with the AA kit, I grabbed a VLTOR CASV-EL off the shelf and with quick work of the dremel and round file, modded it for piston conversion.

All you have to dremel is the very bottom of the ribs...basically where you can see aluminum.

In this picture you can see where the there is little clearance around the gas block. I still have to dremel out an area for the front sight. If your putting the front sight on the VLTOR rail, then you could just leave it as it is.

Link Posted: 12/14/2009 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2009 6:28:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I love the way it looks, but having the FSB rail on a different plane than the top rail would bother me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]
The rear sight is on the same plane as the front sight..can't co-witness scope to irons though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2009 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The rear sight is on the same plane as the front sight..can't co-witness scope to irons though.

It would be if you had a front sight tower.  Since it appears you can't put a BUIS on the AA FSB, you would have to put it on the top rail and they wouldn't line up.

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top