BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2017 12:00:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it and it's way cool......but damn.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks great and impressive weight..  Not scar money great though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:12:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I want to build one of these so bad... but there are to many thing going on right now. I am afraid if I start with one little piece its just going to grow wildly so I have been preventing my self from even ordering simpler parts.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, I really want one of these in my life.   V Seven just makes top notch stuff.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Way overpriced ....2,600 LOL
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Love their stuff and the folks at V7 are great....glad to see a whole rifle from them...

...and its got the new Mod0 stock too...
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Rainier:  At almost 5 lbs, this rifle is way too heavy for the money.  You've included numerous expensive, ultralight parts from V7, but missed out on some key weight-saving opportunities.  Also, it really needs adjustable gas.  If your team wrote the specs for this rifle, here are my suggestions that will get you close to 4 lbs:

- Scrap the aluminum buffer tube, H1 buffer and BCM adjustable stock
-  Instead, substitute a Smoke Composites combination buffer tube and buttstock, total weigh for the fixed carbine size is 4 oz.
-  Taccom makes a 1 oz buffer for this application, along with a reduced-strength spring which is correct for a lightweight carrier and adjustable gas.
-  Assuming the 16" barrel has a middy gas port, then the length of the handguard should be just long enough to cover the gas block, I suggest V7's 11" size.  I understand the long handguard looks nice to some people, but the drawbacks are the extra weight (when you are shaving grams) and the inability to grip the barrel in a vice while torqueing on the muzzle device, without removing the handguard.

IMO, ultralight ARs are a growing market and the lighter the rifle, the more interest.  Holding one in your hands is a real eye opener, it feels like a toy but performs like a champ. - CW
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Love to see this with a super light weight Faxon carbine gassed 14.5 & pinned flash hider/suppressor mount option along with a shorter handguard.
V7 came up with the Ti BCM KMR barrel nut & hardware be nice to see them get a license to produce a lithium alloy Mlok or KM handguard.
Ampoint T-2 in a Scalar mount would be nice light way to go.
V7 light wt BCG is also a nice way to lighten up the load.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats to V Seven Weapons on rolling out complete rifles! I remember when all they had was an ultralight end plate and castle nut, and eagerly waiting for, and pestering Joel, on what was next to shave another few tenths of an ounce. Back then I was working on sub 6lbs non-nfa rifle with RDS, light and sights. Now you can buy it out of the box! Bravo!

Thanks too to Rainier for bringing the good stuff first.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats to V Seven Weapons on rolling out complete rifles! I remember when all they had was an ultralight end plate and castle nut, and eagerly waiting for, and pestering Joel, on what was next to shave another few tenths of an ounce. Back then I was working on sub 6lbs non-nfa rifle with RDS, light and sights. Now you can buy it out of the box! Bravo!

Thanks too to Rainier for bringing the good stuff first.
View Quote
I used everything v7 I could on my latest rifle and couldn't be happier with their products. I'm not one to buy complete rifles but this looks nice and very seven is becoming one hell of a company.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Very light. Beats my lightweight build by almost a full pound.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#13]
They make a pretty nice light wt .308 receiver set be interesting to see them put together a light wt .308...

V7 WS .308 Harbinger receiver set
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rainier:  At almost 5 lbs, this rifle is way too heavy for the money.  You've included numerous expensive, ultralight parts from V7, but missed out on some key weight-saving opportunities.  Also, it really needs adjustable gas.  If your team wrote the specs for this rifle, here are my suggestions that will get you close to 4 lbs:

- Scrap the aluminum buffer tube, H1 buffer and BCM adjustable stock
-  Instead, substitute a Smoke Composites combination buffer tube and buttstock, total weigh for the fixed carbine size is 4 oz.
-  Taccom makes a 1 oz buffer for this application, along with a reduced-strength spring which is correct for a lightweight carrier and adjustable gas.
-  Assuming the 16" barrel has a middy gas port, then the length of the handguard should be just long enough to cover the gas block, I suggest V7's 11" size.  I understand the long handguard looks nice to some people, but the drawbacks are the extra weight (when you are shaving grams) and the inability to grip the barrel in a vice while torqueing on the muzzle device, without removing the handguard.

IMO, ultralight ARs are a growing market and the lighter the rifle, the more interest.  Holding one in your hands is a real eye opener, it feels like a toy but performs like a champ. - CW
View Quote
Agree with the above. A lot of the expensive nice parts here are being offset by the heavy buffer, heavy stock, long guards, etc. But if they marketed it as a solid GTG 5 lb light AR, it could make sense.

My 4lb build (w/o mag or optics) cost only $700, but uses adj. gas, pencil faxon barrel, and a lot of other things that need to be tweaked and tested to run reliably.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#15]
get Faxon to make a 14.7 light wt carbine gassed barrel you can use an even shorter handguard and still cover the gas block.
The cost of Ti parts adds up quickly for minimal wt savings on individual parts....however the cumulative wt savings adds up
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top