BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2016 2:59:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've purchased a lot from Rainer Arms over the years; and my son who still lives in the area still uses them.  Their products are top notch and of the best quality.  However, I just cant see $70+ dollars for a safety selector. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've purchased a lot from Rainer Arms over the years; and my son who still lives in the area still uses them.  Their products are top notch and of the best quality.  However, I just cant see $70+ dollars for a safety selector. YMMV
View Quote

I agree. Although the item looks very well made, $70 is still a bit steep. Maybe it has it's place in the 'trophy gun' slot in your safe, but something that's priced right to be on every one of my personal rifles, I'm not sure it's something I'd bite on. That isn't taking away from the quality, though.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#3]
For $30 I'd give it a try but $70 no way.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish that were the case for me. I contacted them last year about my newly purchased upper receiver that I thought could be out of spec (grinding my bolt and charging handle) and they never got back to me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For $30 I'd give it a try but $70 no way.
View Quote

Same here. don't care how pretty it is, safety selector is a function over form piece
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I couldn't agree more. $70 is just silly. Hell, I won't spend the money on tha b.a.d. safety everyones getting. $35 for the one from Griffin Armament is the highest I'll go. Works great, looks good and well made. This is how I think about it. Stock, the part goes for $9. Is it $61 better than stock or $35 more beneficial than the one from Griffin? It's a semi-auto saftey, not an over-engineered, detrimental part of the rifle. $70 will get me a really good bolt or even a bunch of ammo.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I couldn't agree more. $70 is just silly. Hell, I won't spend the money on tha b.a.d. safety everyones getting. $35 for the one from Griffin Armament is the highest I'll go. Works great, looks good and well made. This is how I think about it. Stock, the part goes for $9. Is it $61 better than stock or $35 more beneficial than the one from Griffin? It's a semi-auto saftey, not an over-engineered, detrimental part of the rifle. $70 will get me a really good bolt or even a bunch of ammo.
View Quote
Agreed.  I just ordered a Seekins that was $36.  I thought $36 was a bit high for what it is and does.  This product seems way overpriced.
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top