AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2016 5:49:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Larue mags with those baseplates are teh secks. Please make some of those in AICS pattern pleaseeeeee. Take my monies
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
It's like Christmas when Mfinger posts on ARFcom.

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you share some muzzle velocity numbers that you're seeing out of the 18" and 22" respectively, let's say with a factory ammo like Federals 142gr SMK?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:19:55 PM EDT
[#6]
When will you deliver?  Std mags?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Corbon's 130 Hybrid Berger load is leaving the 18" barrel at 2,750 fps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you share some muzzle velocity numbers that you're seeing out of the 18" and 22" respectively, let's say with a factory ammo like Federals 142gr SMK?

Corbon's 130 Hybrid Berger load is leaving the 18" barrel at 2,750 fps.

That's an impressive figure. Curious what powder they use to get those numbers.
About ~2825 fps in a 22" then?

Any plans for a 6.5CM chambering or is 260 Rem it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Whats the story on those magazine baseplates?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll take "funky looking" all day when I can get factory match grade ammo at <$25 / box and at ~$18 for hunting ammo!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dunno about 6.5 CM, it's a little funky looking, whereas the 260 is a tall drink of water in a strapless evening gown.
[/span]
View Quote

Some people want to shoot precision rifle and to them that means working up your own loads. Some people want to shoot but want the convenience of just popping into Cabela's and picking up some factory ammo that shoots damn good.

.260 really only gets you the first group. Factory ammo is more expensive and not as available as the 6.5 Creedmoor.

6.5 Creedmoor gets you both groups. Hornady and Prime ammo will shoot some pretty tight groups and is easy to get. Guys are working up their own loads and shooting even better groups.

Ballistically the .260 has a slight advantage. Market-wise the 6.5 Creedmoor will out perform.

Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#13]
You really shouldn't dangle shiny objects in front of us, I mean me.  Damn that looks good.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Some people want to shoot precision rifle and to them that means working up your own loads. Some people want to shoot but want the convenience of just popping into Cabela's and picking up some factory ammo that shoots damn good.

.260 really only get you the first group. Factory ammo is more expansive and not as available as the 6.5 Creedmoor.

6.5 Creedmoor gets you both groups. Hornady and Prime ammo will shoot some pretty tight groups and is easy to get. Guys are working up their own loads and shooting even better groups.

Ballistically the .260 has a slight advantage. Market-wise the 6.5 Creedmoor will out perform.

Just my humble opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dunno about 6.5 CM, it's a little funky looking, whereas the 260 is a tall drink of water in a strapless evening gown.
[/span]

.260 really only get you the first group. Factory ammo is more expansive and not as available as the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Just my humble opinion.

This.

Also you can run into mag length issues with 260 Rem and heavier pills.
Creedmoor is a little shorter OAL and fits better in an SR-25 magazine.

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#16]
.260 is good stuff and the Prime .260 load isnt that much more expensive compared to gun shop hornady grendel, at least here in DFW. It shoots excellent in my 20" lilja barelled home build. I use larue and ASC mags and the 130's have plenty of room. When i go to reload ill be able to seat the bullets much further, but its not really needed.

That, and rumors abound about .260 130gr loads being fielded to certain groups in the .mil. Perhaps Mark is helping those certain groups by marketing the rifle to them too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 1:01:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Very cool
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:43:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
.260 is good stuff and the Prime .260 load isnt that much more expensive compared to gun shop hornady grendel, at least here in DFW. It shoots excellent in my 20" lilja barelled home build. I use larue and ASC mags and the 130's have plenty of room. When i go to reload ill be able to seat the bullets much further, but its not really needed.

That, and rumors abound about .260 130gr loads being fielded to certain groups in the .mil. Perhaps Mark is helping those certain groups by marketing the rifle to them too.
View Quote

Back in his Industry forum Mark mentioned one time "I build what they told me to." I'm sure that's why he build a 260 instead of 6.5 because commercially 6.5 makes more sense but we are such a small market compared to .mil contracts.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:49:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a DPMS lite hunter and a custom build with jp rifles barrel and kit in .260, great reloader cartridge for an AR!

What's it weigh in at Mr LaRue?
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Back in his Industry forum Mark mentioned one time "I build what they told me to." I'm sure that's why he build a 260 instead of 6.5 because commercially 6.5 makes more sense but we are such a small market compared to .mil contracts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense, but the chamber reamer design was tweaked by a well known company (not Larue) for use in all of the contract rifles that went to the .mil. ..supposedly dunno buuuuut perhaps Mark tweaked it more, or was given the reamer design But it doesn't matter, its a right sexy beast we all need to have.
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So offer both! I would order one tomorrow if it was offered in 6.5CM!
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:58:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Even though this is an older thread, I will comment on the magazines...

My 762 OBR came in about two weeks ago and the magazines are a work of art.  Prior to OBR coming in I purchased a bunch of PMags and a few used KACs from the EE.  I wish I would have put the KAC money towards more LT mags.  

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top